Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Senser81
    VSN Poster of the Year
    • Feb 2009

This reminds me of one of my old co-ed softball teams, where we had a girl who was terrible so we put her at catcher to minimize the damage. She was scared of the ball, so whenever there was a play at the plate, she'd be running away from home plate if the ball was being thrown home. I figure Posey will be doing the same thing.

Comment

• Mogriffjr
      aka Reece
      • Apr 2009

it just seems when u try to avoid injury you actually are more prone to injury.

They probably would move Posey if Belt wasn't at 1B...
      Originally posted by Nick Mangold
      Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

• NAHSTE
        Probably owns the site
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Mogriffjr
        it just seems when u try to avoid injury you actually are more prone to injury.

They probably would move Posey if Belt wasn't at 1B...
        But that still doesn't make any sense. Posey is a great defensive catcher and he can hit enough to be an elite two way catcher ... move him to 1B and even if he's a solid defender he has to be 15% better as a hitter to even be top 10 overall at the position. Tough thing to slash a young player's value like that.

I would say just hope it doesn't happen again. Freak injuries happen sometimes and you can't let it dictate how you play. This would be like Bill Belichick telling Tom Brady he can't stand in the pocket anymore.

Comment

Working...