X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bomberooski
    #GoHawks
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
    Guys, have no fear, Pedro Gomez is on the case.
    So in other words Barry Bonds isn't up to much these days.
    I give rep not thanks
    My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

• MrBill
      Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bomberooski
      Just Ozzie being Manny.

It was a comment that got blown out of proportion in my opinion. Guillen never has been politically correct with words and I don't know why anyone would think he'd change that. He's GOING to say at least one stupid thing every other month. You get that when you get Guillen. He loves his opinions and wears them on his sleeve.
      Joe Biden says something stupid every week and gets to stay around. People that hang on Ozzie's stupid comment of the week have too much time on their hands.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

People overreacting once again.

Guillen likely knows very little about Castro and his comments had more to do with Castro's staying power. Why people are so easily offended is beyond my understanding. He's a stupid, irrelevant baseball manager. Why would anyone give a single fuck what he though about Castro, even if he had a clue (which he doesn't)?
        You are clearly not familiar with the population of Miami.

You just don't understand, bruh.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
          Link to the presser

This domain may be for sale!

Versailles is...

:jhenbeatkwon:

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            You are clearly not familiar with the population of Miami.

You just don't understand, bruh.
            Missing the point.

To me, it's the larger issue of people in general, not just Cubans, making too much of stupid comments made by people who have no power and have no clue.

Why care what Ozzie f'n Guillen has to say about Castro? He's known to be a clown who shouldn't be taken seriously. Worry about who he pinch hits with in the 8th. Plus the comments aren't even offensive unless you dumb it down to the bare minimum of "I RESPECT FIDEL CASTRO", when in reality all he meant was he respected the fact the guy lasted so long. Still dumb, still not worthy of giving a shit about.

But people are always ready to be offended, so this is what happens. People want their fake apologies, and they are getting it.

Comment

• Tailback U
              No substitute 4 strength.
              • Nov 2008

It's fucking retarded. It's like going into a synagogue and telling everyone that you love Hitler. Oh and you're the head coach of the Jewish community centers basketball team.

I don't really care personally but I can totally understand why it's a big deal to Cubans and people in Miami, if you cant, then you are really thick headed.

Comment

• Senser81
                VSN Poster of the Year
                • Feb 2009

To me, it's the larger issue of people in general, not just Cubans, making too much of stupid comments made by people who have no power and have no clue.
                I agree with everything you said, but I disagree with the part of "by people who have no power". Ozzie Guillen has some power...he's able to have a public forum for his comments. In a reverse sort of way, its almost like Ozzie has forced the Cuban community's hand. Since so many people have overreacted to non-PC comments in the past, its almost obligatory for the Cubans to have some sort of protest, because anything less would be tacit acceptance that Guillen's comments were correct/allowable.

It would be like me winning an MM Soapie for "Best Debater", then in my acceptance speech I say "I respect BlyGilmore...he was able to stay in power"....don't you think that would lead to a few "groans"?

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

Missing the point.

Why care what Ozzie f'n Guillen has to say about Castro? He's known to be a clown who shouldn't be taken seriously. Worry about who he pinch hits with in the 8th. Plus the comments aren't even offensive unless you dumb it down to the bare minimum of "I RESPECT FIDEL CASTRO", when in reality all he meant was he respected the fact the guy lasted so long. Still dumb, still not worthy of giving a shit about.

But people are always ready to be offended, so this is what happens. People want their fake apologies, and they are getting it.
                  I didn't miss the point...I got it...I think you missed my point that, you just do not understand what exactly he said and to the people he said it to. Now, when you couple that with what is going on with the Marlins, the re-branding of the product as Latin America's team, the outreach to the Cuban community to COME TO GAMES (building a stadium right in the middle of Little Havana for Christ's sake)...why care? He's now a prominent member of the community, regardless of what his title is and how little you think his opinion carries weight.

I would not expect a guy living in Texas or Oregon or New York to understand...I wouldn't unless I transplanted here.

Comment

• Rudi
                    #CyCueto
                    • Nov 2008

After seeing the presser, I kinda feel bad for Ozzie. It's clearly evident the words came out the wrong way when talking about Castro. I mean he was choking up during the press conference so either he's a really good actor, or he genuinely feels bad about the comments. I think it's the latter.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                      Giants in the Super Bowl
                      • Mar 2009

Ozzie just used the wrong words (or if he spoke in Spanish, maybe the translation was negative). He loves Castro and respects him for lasting all these years despite all the assassination attempts.

Obviously, he can't be that stupid to truly mean that the way that would be construed as career suicide in Miami. I believe he meant that the fact Castro is still alive after everything over the past 50+ years is something to look at and be amazed by (that's the most PC way of explaining it lol).

But Castro is such a villain in that city, why even bother saying anything that can be construed as supportive of the guy?

Comment

• Senser81
                        VSN Poster of the Year
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                        Ozzie just used the wrong words (or if he spoke in Spanish, maybe the translation was negative). He loves Castro and respects him for lasting all these years despite all the assassination attempts.

Obviously, he can't be that stupid to truly mean that the way that would be construed as career suicide in Miami. I believe he meant that the fact Castro is still alive after everything over the past 50+ years is something to look at and be amazed by (that's the most PC way of explaining it lol).
                        No, I still don't buy it. He loves Castro because Castro has been able to remain in power all these years. Again, this fact is perhaps the worst part of Castro's regime...his oppression of all opposing voices. Castro's lust for power has ruined the lives of hundreds of thousands of people. And this is the aspect of Castro that Ozzie loves?

There really isn't any way to spin it. Ozzie has said similar pro-Castro things in the past.

Ozzie likes remaining in power. He always had power struggles in Chicago, with both the front office and the media. He admires Castro because Castro is powerful. Pretty ridiculous and scary, if you ask me.

Comment

• spiker
                          Beast mode
                          • Apr 2011

Yes, we should all be scared.

Comment

Working...