• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chrispy
    Needs a hobby
    • Dec 2008

Brian Wilson may be done for the season

SBerthiaumeESPN
    MRI shows #SFGiants closer Brian Wilson has "structural issues" in his pitching elbow. Season-ending surgery is likely.
  • Rudi
    #CyCueto
    • Nov 2008

Comment

• Bomberooski
      #GoHawks
      • Feb 2009

This is not real right...
      I give rep not thanks
      My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

• FUSE
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bomberooski
        This is not real right...
        Its real.

Giants closer Brian Wilson likely headed for season-ending elbow surgery

By Carl Steward
        csteward@bayareanewsgroup.com
        Posted: 04/14/2012 04:34:07 PM PDT
        Updated: 04/14/2012 05:04:17 PM PDT

Giants closer Brian Wilson has "structural issues" in his right elbow and is likely facing season-ending surgery, manager Bruce Bochy said Saturday night before the team's game against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
        After a 32-piitch inning against Colorado Thursday in which he struggled to get the save during a 4-2 Giants' win, Wilson complained of elbow stiffness Friday. An MRI on Friday night revealed structural damage, although to what degree the club was not yet prepared to say. Bochy said Wilson will get second and third opinions, including one from noted elbow surgeon Dr. James Andrews, before making a final determination about surgery.
        The manager did not sound optimistic.
        "After the tests (Friday), it doesn't look very good right now," Bochy said. "He's likely looking at surgery. We all feel terrible. But he had a good attitude about it. He said, 'I'll be back. I'll be here to help you guys.' As far as what we do, it'll be similar to last year -- it'll be bullpen by committee."
        Wilson appeared in only two games after Aug. 15 last year because of elbow inflammation.
        If Tommy John surgery is needed, it would be the second time for Wilson. He also had the surgery in 2003 after the Giants selected him in the 24th round of the June draft from Louisiana State University.

Comment

• Tailback U
          No substitute 4 strength.
          • Nov 2008

Sad to hear, he puts in a ton of work in the offseason. Hope he is able to recover from this.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
            Beautiful Like Moses
            • Oct 2008

Brian Wilson done for the season

CSNBayArea.com's Andrew Baggarly reports that Brian Wilson will undergo season-ending surgery to repair structural damage in his right elbow.
            Wilson will get a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews on Sunday, but he anticipates having a second career Tommy John surgery and missing the rest of 2012. Giants manager Bruce Bochy indicated he would go with a closer-by-committee in the interim, but Santiago Casilla is probably the guy to own in fantasy leagues. Wilson is set to enter his final year of arbitration this offseason before hitting free agency heading into 2014.
            Wow, tough break. I bet he comes back with a shaved face.

Comment

• Rudi
              #CyCueto
              • Nov 2008

5 threads below.

Merged

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                Beautiful Like Moses
                • Oct 2008

Lol foreal. Rotoworld acting like this is breaking news this afternoon.

Comment

Working...