X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Josh Beckett is Josh Beckett

Q/A from Gorden Edes' column on ESPN.com this morning:

Question (paraphrased): Did the golf business have any impact on how you pitched?
    Answer: None. None.
    Question: Anything to say about the golf business?
    Answer: No. I spend my off days the way I want to spend them.
    Question: Any regrets?
    Answer: My off day is my off day.
    Question: Given that you were skipped a start with what was described as a tight lat muscle, do people have the right to question why you were golfing?
    Answer: Not on my off day.
    Question: Do you understand the perception that leaves when the team is playing as poorly as it is?
    Answer: We get 18 off days a year. I think we deserve a little time to ourselves.
    So I guess on days when Beckett doesn't pitch, and is in the clubhouse drinking beer and eating fried chicken, it's not considered a day off

I wonder what :olhoss: has to say about this on Twitter
  • IamMedellin
    Everything Burns...
    • Nov 2008

I dont think Ive ever seen a fanbase despise it's own team as much as redsox fans do...

Maybe NY during the Isiah years, but that was gradual over a five year period ...Sox fans had hope in december, now they want heads on pikes and declare this guy a martyr

All over the radio today

Comment

• Villain
      [REDACTED]
      • May 2011

Asshole is asshole.
      [REDACTED]

Comment

• Goober
        Needs a hobby
        • Feb 2009

I don't see anything wrong with what he did. If he wouldn't have gotten shelled yesterday, this wouldn't be a story.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

If he wasn't injured I dont think it would have been a story. But since he was hurt, the idea that he's doing something athletic leaves him open for questioning.

The fact he got bombed added gasoline to the fire.

Comment

• Senser81
            VSN Poster of the Year
            • Feb 2009

Who cares? Pitchers are always hurt, and they always have "off days". When I was driving in to work this morning, I turned on Mike and Mike at 5:26am, and they were both going off on Beckett. Yawn. Checked back to the show at 5:40am, and they were still talking about it. Why is this such a big deal? Sometimes I think the media overreacts when they perceive themselves (collective) as being "mistreated". Its kind of sad, in a way.

Comment

• Goober
              Needs a hobby
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
              Who cares? Pitchers are always hurt, and they always have "off days". When I was driving in to work this morning, I turned on Mike and Mike at 5:26am, and they were both going off on Beckett. Yawn. Checked back to the show at 5:40am, and they were still talking about it. Why is this such a big deal? Sometimes I think the media overreacts when they perceive themselves (collective) as being "mistreated". Its kind of sad, in a way.
              This is another good point. I hate when the writers justify voting for a certain player for the HOF because, "Oh he was such a nice guy! He was always in the clubhouse answering our questions." Or when they refuse to give a different player the recognition he deserves because they feel slighted by him not wanting to deal with their bull shit everyday.

Comment

Working...