X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leftwich
    Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

The Dylan Bundy Tracker Thread

Because i am the biggest Orioles fan of all time and have his career to look forward to i'll start this thread up. Sigona of all people has him locked up in the fantasy league too

Tim Britton ‏@TBritton_Projo
    Orioles promoted Dylan Bundy to High-A. He will start against Salem on Saturday.
    Retweeted by Buster Olney
    Eduardo A. Encina ‏@EddieInTheYard
    Dylan Bundy's stats at Low-A Delmarva: 8 GS, 30 IP, 5 H, 2 R (0 ER), 40 K, 2 BB, 1-0, 0.00 ERA, now heading to High-A Frederick.
    I'll try to keep this thread updated for you guys as he destroys mother fuckers in the minors.

Originally posted by Tailback U
    It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.
  • NAHSTE
    Probably owns the site
    • Feb 2009

Will be interested to see how he looks in high-A but you know I've been on the wagon for a long time.

Comment

• Leftwich
      Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by NAHSTE
      Will be interested to see how he looks in high-A but you know I've been on the wagon for a long time.
      Yeah when i wasn't following him you were all about him in the chatbox. Now let it be known, Cy Young has been reincarnated.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

Should be in Bowie by the beginning of July, and when that happens I am definitely going there to catch a game.

Comment

• NAHSTE
          Probably owns the site
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by glenwillett
          Will you be providing Tommmy John recovery updates for the year he spends recovering from tearing his UCL?

:arrieta:
          What the fuck does that even mean? He's thrown 3-4 innings per start so far, LOL.

Comment

• NAHSTE
            Probably owns the site
            • Feb 2009

Good scouting report/video up on FG today:

For my day job, I write up scouting reports on amateur players for ESPN’s Draft Blog but have been catching minor league games on the side when my schedule permits. I’m happy to bring some of my…

Comment

• Leftwich
              Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Will you be providing Tommmy John recovery updates for the year he spends recovering from tearing his UCL?

:arrieta:
              Orioles won't rush him to the bigs. If he is in the majors by 2013 then i'm assuming it'll be the same way the Ray's brought along David Price. Let him pitch a few out of the bullpen and give him a starting job in 2014. Anything other than that and i'll be pissed.

Comment

• dell71
                Enter Sandman
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
                What the fuck does that even mean? He's thrown 3-4 innings per start so far, LOL.
                This is my pet peeve with how pitchers are handled. Maybe I'm wrong, but I always thought that the way to strengthen the arm and get it ready to throw a lot was by throwing a lot. They baby these guys all the way through the minors and then when they get to the majors and have to consistently try to make it 6 innings their arm snaps in half. It's amazing that with all the new technology and knowledge with regards to fitness, there seems to be more and more arm injuries to pitchers every year. Imho, it's because they just don't pitch enough! Conversely, quarterbacks have far fewer arm problems and you don't hear about them being on any sort of "pitch count" for physical reasons. From high school on (Pop Warner for some) they throw all damn week during practice and then as many times as deemed necessary for their team to win during games. Maybe it's cuz I'm old school in some ways and remember when pitchers actually took the mound with the intent of going 9 innings, but I find this method of grooming pitchers to be silly unless you're training him to be a middle reliever. /rant

Comment

• Leftwich
                  Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Strasberg was handled with kid's gloves all the way along too...
                  But he was rushed to the majors.

I am wishy-washy on the way the Nats handled him and Harper.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                    Probably owns the site
                    • Feb 2009

And plenty of pitchers who weren't also had arm problems. It's pretty hard to identify who will fall prone to it and who won't. Pretty cynical to say it will happen to Bundy when we're all just guessing at this anyway, right?

There's no magic formula to avoid arm trouble. I agree with you guys that pitchers in general are getting sheltered too much early in their development, mainly because I feel starting pitchers should be pitching deeper into games. I think arm injuries can happen to any pitcher though, regardless of how they are handled.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Kerry Wood wasn't rushed to the majors and was far from handled with kid gloves. His elbow and shoulder still blew up. Mechanics & luck> pitch counts

Comment

• Leftwich
                        Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

He's still handled with kid gloves too.

Comment

• Woy
                          RIP West
                          • Dec 2008

Watched him Sunday and he's as good as advertised. He was just mowing down guys and only allowed one hit on an infield single. He did almost give up his first earned run on a homer, but his rightfielder made a Torii Hunter in his prime catch at the wall.

Dude's one hell of a nice guy too. Very down to earth and willing to talk to everyone. I was a fan before meeting him, but I'm definitely a fan after. Might try to catch him at Frederick one of these days.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Leftwich
                            He's still handled with kid gloves too.
                            Yes he is, and his innings cap is between 160 and 175 I believe. And the Nats did the dumbest thing possible- knowing that they would likely be a team to contend this season, they still slotted Strasburg as their #1 starter instead of #5, where they could have skipped him early in the season to save some of those innings.

I can also guarantee that if they are in the thick of the playoff hunt when he reaches that innings cap, he is going to pitch past it. No way would they take their best starter out of the game then.

Comment

• MVPete
                              Old School
                              • Mar 2008

Strasburg's delivery was the main problem for his arm problems wasn't it? The inverted W delivery.

Comment

Working...