how do you feel about the remaining 4 teams?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shag773
    • Jul 2009

I feel great, none of them are the Nats or the Braves....j/k..

Rough seeing Jeter go out like that, although I am enjoying the rest of the team flame out.

The Cards are amazing. How they keep chugging along with a great bullpen and timely hits by guys like Descalso and Kozmer I'll never know.

The Giants bore the living shit out of me for some reason. Outside of Posey, I want to poke my eyes out when watching this team at the plate.

I'm pulling for the Tigers. I hate Fielder and Valverde, but I've always respected Jim Leyland and I love watching Verlander pitch...

Comment

• Slateman
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
      What if guys were bad in previous postseasons? Is that negative playoff experience? Is it good because you have the experience?
      I think so. No way to simulate the postseason atmosphere, you know? I think that's ultimately what did Storen & Gio in. You could tell that they were getting frustrated and it affect their performance.

Plus, the Giants have a lot of positive postseason experience.
      Posey
      Huff
      Sandoval
      Bumgarner
      Cain
      Lincecum
      Zito
      Affeldt
      Lopez

All on that World Series team. Oh and the manager too. Pence also has playoff experience with the Phillies.
      The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept.
      As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom!
      If only I had died instead of you
      O Absalom, my son, my son!"

Comment

• MVPete
        Old School
        • Mar 2008

I think Storen was just tired, and should of been pulled sooner. Gio is known for having control problems at times, and you put him vs a patient lineup like the Cards and he's bound to only last 5 innings max.

Comment

• MVPete
          Old School
          • Mar 2008

Oh and I'm rooting for an Earthquake to win the World Series.

Comment

• Slateman
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by MVPete
            I think Storen was just tired, and should of been pulled sooner. Gio is known for having control problems at times, and you put him vs a patient lineup like the Cards and he's bound to only last 5 innings max.
            I don't think Davey should have used him in the the blowout game. I also don't think Davey should have used Edwin in relief. I'mssurprised Jackson only gave up one run. He usually gets rocked his first inning of work.

Oh and Gio pitched his first CG shutout against the Cards. I just think the big stage and bright lights got to him. First time pitching in the playoffs.
            The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept.
            As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom!
            If only I had died instead of you
            O Absalom, my son, my son!"

Comment

Working...