• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MVPete
    Old School
    • Mar 2008

Heath Bell/Cliff Pennington to DBacks, Chris Young to Oakland

MLB ‏@MLB
    BREAKING: @Athletics get @CY24_7 in trades that send Heath Bell & Cliff Pennington to @Dbacks. @Marlins add INF prospect Yordy Cabrera.
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

L

O

L

Love those Marlins.

Comment

• Goober
      Needs a hobby
      • Feb 2009

Arizona blows.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
        No longer a noob
        • Apr 2011

Arizona is like the team in fantasy baseball that gets trade raped every year. I don't think they've done a deal in the last decade that I thought was a good move. Maybe the Kennedy deal, but I think Scherzer would be somewhat comparable in that dreadful West hitting division. Now they get a middling middle infielder and a closer who has completely imploded for one of their better, if ridiculously streaky, batters. Not nearly as bad as the Schilling or CarGo deals, but I still don't get what, if anything, they're trying to do.

Comment

• Slateman
          • Apr 2009

Billy Beane once again showing that he's the best
          The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept.
          As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom!
          If only I had died instead of you
          O Absalom, my son, my son!"

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
            Arizona is like the team in fantasy baseball that gets trade raped every year. I don't think they've done a deal in the last decade that I thought was a good move. Maybe the Kennedy deal, but I think Scherzer would be somewhat comparable in that dreadful West hitting division. Now they get a middling middle infielder and a closer who has completely imploded for one of their better, if ridiculously streaky, batters. Not nearly as bad as the Schilling or CarGo deals, but I still don't get what, if anything, they're trying to do.
            The Hernandez for Reynolds deal worked out pretty well in their favor, as they were trying to lower the K's throughout their lineup, and they got a very good arm out of the bullpen for it.

I wonder how much of Bell's contract the Marlins had to eat to get him out of there.

Comment

• Goober
              Needs a hobby
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
              The Hernandez for Reynolds deal worked out pretty well in their favor, as they were trying to lower the K's throughout their lineup, and they got a very good arm out of the bullpen for it.

I wonder how much of Bell's contract the Marlins had to eat to get him out of there.
              Bell has 21 million left over two years. The Diamondbacks are paying for 13 million. LOL. Just a brutal trade for Arizona. If Heath Bell was a free agent this year, there's no way anyone would give him two years, 13 million. But that's what Arizona is doing, and they gave up Chris Young too.

I'm not a big Chris Young fan, but he should have had some trade value, his contract isn't that bad.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Let's not lose sight of the fact that Chris Young sucks. His production will only go down playing in that cavernous park, too.

D'Backs & A's basically swapped out Stephen Drew for Cliff Pennington. Sounds like a killer fantasy trade of YOUNG STUDS circa 2006.

Marlins found a way to purge Bell, so they win.

Comment

• Goober
                  Needs a hobby
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                  Let's not lose sight of the fact that Chris Young sucks. His production will only go down playing in that cavernous park, too.

D'Backs & A's basically swapped out Stephen Drew for Cliff Pennington. Sounds like a killer fantasy trade of YOUNG STUDS circa 2006.

Marlins found a way to purge Bell, so they win.
                  Chris Young is a classic 2012 A's player. Undervalued power, not much else.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Goobyslayer
                    Bell has 21 million left over two years. The Diamondbacks are paying for 13 million. LOL. Just a brutal trade for Arizona. If Heath Bell was a free agent this year, there's no way anyone would give him two years, 13 million. But that's what Arizona is doing, and they gave up Chris Young too.

I'm not a big Chris Young fan, but he should have had some trade value, his contract isn't that bad.
                    I'd pay the $8 million to get rid of Bell, no problem there. Though I would never have given that deal to him in the first place.

Comment

• Slateman
                      • Apr 2009

So what is the Dbacks outfield plans? Adam Eaton looked decent during his call up. Kubel, Parra, and Upton are all worth starting.
                      The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept.
                      As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom!
                      If only I had died instead of you
                      O Absalom, my son, my son!"

Comment

• MVPete
                        Old School
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Slateman
                        So what is the Dbacks outfield plans? Adam Eaton looked decent during his call up. Kubel, Parra, and Upton are all worth starting.
                        They will dangle all 3 of those guys at the winter meetings.

Comment

• Rylo
                          Corpse Disgracer
                          • Oct 2008

Good riddance Bell you piece of shit.

Comment

• Villain
                            [REDACTED]
                            • May 2011

Now that the A's have Young, they might not bring back Gomes. Gomes needs to be the Dodger's 4th outfielder next year
                            [REDACTED]

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                              • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Villain
                              Now that the A's have Young, they might not bring back Gomes. Gomes needs to be the Dodger's 4th outfielder next year
                              Apparently the plan is to have Young, Crisp, Cespedes, Smith and Reddick all on the roster. With that combination, you can play matchups and have four of them in the lineup with the DH. So Gomes is most certainly not coming back to the A's.

Comment

Working...