Anyone losing faith in Theo Epstein and the Cubs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goober
    Needs a hobby
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FirstTimer
    Have any of those prospects done anything? Chris Archer maybe?
    Archer and Lee are both Top 100 prospects. I'd say that's better then what ever shit return the Cubs have gotten from Garza on their way to terrible seasons.

Comment

• Goober
      Needs a hobby
      • Feb 2009

This is the Cubs year!

Chicago Cubs pitcher Matt Garza left the field with an apparent injury to his left side as he prepared to throw batting practice during the first full-squad workout for the Cubs on Sunday.

Garza was warming up on the mound but left with a trainer while stretching out his left side.

Garza missed most of the second half of last season with a stress reaction in his right arm. He was expected to be dealt at the trade deadline until suffering the July 21 injury. His season ended with a 5-7 record and 3.91 ERA.

Garza is in the final year of his contract and can be a free agent at season's end for the first time in his career.

Comment

• NAHSTE
        Probably owns the site
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Goobyslayer
        Archer and Lee are both Top 100 prospects. I'd say that's better then what ever shit return the Cubs have gotten from Garza on their way to terrible seasons.
        If you think Castro is a franchise building block (I don't, for some reason some do) then I guess you can spin Lee as being expendable. But Lee is going to be really good pretty soon, around the same time Castro's arb years would be up and well after the time his defense should have moved him off the position anyway.

They probably lost that trade, yeah, but they can still hope to flip Garza this deadline and try to recoup some of that talent loss. This apparent oblique injury shouldn't affect his trade value come July.

Comment

• Slateman
          • Apr 2009

Who was putting their faith in the Cubs?
          The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept.
          As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom!
          If only I had died instead of you
          O Absalom, my son, my son!"

Comment

• Jayrock
            mini MJ
            • Apr 2012

If you honestly think Bartman didn't influence the outcome of that game one bit you're fucking BLIND.

Comment

• Goober
              Needs a hobby
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Jayrock
              If you honestly think Bartman didn't influence the outcome of that game one bit you're fucking BLIND.
              Kind of like someone who doesn't even realize their GF isn't real. Eh bro?

Comment

• FirstTimer
                Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

I really like Lee, but he's a slappy middle infielder playing as or high a ball. He's a non factor at this point. Archer is the only one with a shot to do anything.

Also not sure why Epstein is even bring discussed with this deal. He didn't make it.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                  Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
                  If you think Castro is a franchise building block (I don't, for some reason some do) then I guess you can spin Lee as being expendable. But Lee is going to be really good pretty soon, around the same time Castro's arb years would be up and well after the time his defense should have moved him off the position anyway.

They probably lost that trade, yeah, but they can still hope to flip Garza this deadline and try to recoup some of that talent loss. This apparent oblique injury shouldn't affect his trade value come July.
                  Pretty much this..like I said I'm really high on Lee, and was after the deal even, but the deal isn't really done

Comment

• Jayrock
                    mini MJ
                    • Apr 2012

Kind of like someone who doesn't even realize their GF isn't real. Eh bro?
                    Yes, it did effect the outcome of the BCS Championship Game.

Comment

• Woy
                      RIP West
                      • Dec 2008

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Youk
                        Posts too much
                        • Feb 2009

I think Manti Te'o getting rocked by an NFL-caliber team was what effected the outcome of the BCS game. Let's not forget the terrible Irish offense. But I digress. It's truely too early to lose faith in what Theo is doing. He isn't coming into a team that was close to successful, but just needed some minor changes. This team needed an overhaul, and it is still going through that. If they aren't competing after the 2014 season, there's a problem.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                          Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Nope.

Comment

Working...