Clear All
  • MVPete
    Old School
    • Mar 2008

Orioles get Feldman from Cubs

• NAHSTE
    Probably owns the site
    • Feb 2009

I don't think this alone will be enough to vault Baltimore over the top, they still need at least 1 more quality starter, but this is a hell of a good start.

EDIT - forgot that Chen was so close to returning. Has 1 more rehab start. Is that enough? I don't know, it might be just enough.

Comment

• Matt
      No longer a noob
      • Jun 2012

Buck loved Feldman from back with the Rangers.

Arrietta has been gone for a long time and Strop has been awful. Basically get a new starter and goes to bullpen full time for rest of the year. Instead of having 2 terrible arms staying in the bullpen. No big risk with this traded.

Still looking for Schoop and Eduardo Rodriguez to be moved for another arm really soon.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

I agree with Pete, good trade for both sides. I don't like Arrietta all that much, but he stilway.l has #upside, and Cubs were going to get nothing for Feldman in a few months anyway.

#good #deal #etc

Comment

• Irish
          do you see my jesus chain
          • Oct 2008

Cubs also signed Gleyber Torres(Number 3 international prospect on MLB.com) and sent Ronald Torreyes to the Astros for more international bonus money.

Cubs now have one of the largest amounts of international bonus money and of course the rumor is they are frontrunners for Eloy Jimenez(Number 1 intl prospect)

Comment

• Irish
            do you see my jesus chain
            • Oct 2008

Cubs loading up on young shortstops with Castro(23), Baez(20), and now Torres(16).

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
              • Sep 2024

Originally posted by NAHSTE
              I don't think this alone will be enough to vault Baltimore over the top, they still need at least 1 more quality starter, but this is a hell of a good start.

EDIT - forgot that Chen was so close to returning. Has 1 more rehab start. Is that enough? I don't know, it might be just enough.

Chen is close, but if Hammel doesn't start turning it around soon, I worry about the top of the rotation with just Tillman and Gonzalez.

As for Matt's comment on Schoop, I don't think they will move him. With the black hole at second right now, it just doesn't make sense, even for a need like pitching. You have to balance now vs the future, and I don't think it's worth it.

Comment

• MVPete
                Old School
                • Mar 2008

Schoop looks like ass right now anyway, I thought they would of been better off getting Garza who they can have through next year as well. Idk if Roberts coming back lit a fire under Flaherty's ass but he's been hitting real well, so if moving Schoop can get them someone they feel will help them for a few years I see them pulling the trigger.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                  War Hero
                  • Dec 2009

Comment

• MVPete
                    Old School
                    • Mar 2008

What is the deal with Schoop anyway? Looks like they moved him to AAA too soon, had a rough year in AA, then is promoted, and is still struggling. Did they buy into the and WBC hype too much with him?

Comment

• Matt
                      No longer a noob
                      • Jun 2012

Now that the Baltimore Orioles have acquired a starting pitcher in right-hander Scott Feldman, the club may turn their trade attention to shoring up the bullpen or perhaps an option at second base.

The club has struggled offensively at second base without a healthy Brian Roberts, and there should be a few options available, perhaps include Philadelphia's Chase Utley.

The bullpen options may be abound, including Jesse Crain of the Chicago White Sox, though, as always, the price will dictate how many relief arms will be moved.

The Orioles could stay in the market for starting pitching, too, still lacking the No. 1 starter type that most contenders possess. Might Cliff Lee be of interest?

Right-hander Matt Garza also could be an arm the Orioles consider.

Comment

• strahanfan92
                        Meat
                        • Aug 2009

Any chance Gausman gets another chance in the rotation if Hammel continues to blow?

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                          • Sep 2024

Originally posted by strahanfan92
                          Any chance Gausman gets another chance in the rotation if Hammel continues to blow?
                          I don't think so. It's possible, but he currently lacks a good third pitch. He's much better suited in relief at this point.

Comment

Working...