Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slateman
    • Apr 2009

K-Rod to the Orioles

The Orioles have acquired right-hander Francisco Rodriguez from the Brewers in exchange for minor league infielder Nick Delmonico, according to …

"The Orioles have acquired right-hander Francisco Rodriguez from the Brewers in exchange for minor league infielder Nick Delmonico, according to a team press release. Nolan Reimold has been transferred to the 60-day DL to create 40-man roster space in a corresponding move."

K-Rod has been good this season, but I gotta wonder how well his high fly ball rate is going to do in the small yard of Camden.
    The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept.
    As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom!
    If only I had died instead of you
    O Absalom, my son, my son!"
  • Woy
    RIP West
    • Dec 2008

Delmonico is a good player, saw him in Delmarva last year. His bat has some pop and he's versatile in the infield.

Good trade for both sides.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• JimLeavy59
      War Hero
      • May 2012

Waits for Gooby to say he'll resign with the Brewers in the offseason.

Comment

• Primetime
        Thank You Prince
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Slateman
        http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...m-brewers.html

"The Orioles have acquired right-hander Francisco Rodriguez from the Brewers in exchange for minor league infielder Nick Delmonico, according to a team press release. Nolan Reimold has been transferred to the 60-day DL to create 40-man roster space in a corresponding move."

K-Rod has been good this season, but I gotta wonder how well his high fly ball rate is going to do in the small yard of Camden.
        Camden Yards is still much better than Miller Park.

Comment

• Goober
          Needs a hobby
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Slateman
          http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...m-brewers.html

Excels in Miller Park, shit he might struggle in a bigger park that gives up less HRs!

Anyways love the trade. K-rod is a turd and has no future with the team. Love that we got a legitimate prospect for him, and heir apparent for shit bum gooby.

Comment

• Goober
            Needs a hobby
            • Feb 2009

Damn Doug Melvin, why you so fucking stupid?

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
              • Sep 2024

K-Rod *should* get the nod to close for Baltimore, but we all know that (non)conventional wisdom in baseball says you don't replace the guy who is leading the league in saves. I just have not been impressed with Johnson this year- his sinker doesn't have the bite it did last year, and it looks like he is forcing a lot of his pitches over.

At the very least, if he has another meltdown, there's someone to step in and take his place besides Hunter, who I really like being able to throw in to work more than an inning at a time.

Comment

Working...