WTF! Did Dusty take to much Diabetes medicine and fall asleep or what?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goober
    Needs a hobby
    • Feb 2009

WTF! Did Dusty take to much Diabetes medicine and fall asleep or what?

Most important game of the Reds season and Dusty isn't even trying to win. I won't even complain about Ludwick batting second, lets just focus on Arroyo.

Arroyo sucks. He's terrible.

But Dusty started him in the most important game of the Reds season. And then he allowed Arroyo to blow the game. Arroyo gave up 5 (FIVE) Home Runs in 4+ innings pitched. Other managers playing in important games today have had quick hooks (Archer pulled in 4th inning after allowing 1 ER, Holland pulled in 5th inning after allowing 3 ER) but not Dusty. He allowed the Pirates to blow the game wide open before pulling Arroyo. At this point you might as well leave him out there and save the bullpen. Game is over.
  • MVPete
    Old School
    • Mar 2008

On 2nd thought it didn't work out for the Rays either lol.
    Last edited by MVPete; 09-28-2013, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Villain
      [REDACTED]
      • May 2011

Originally posted by Goobyslayer
      Most important game of the Reds season and Dusty isn't even trying to win. I won't even complain about Ludwick batting second, lets just focus on Arroyo.

Arroyo sucks. He's terrible.

But Dusty started him in the most important game of the Reds season. And then he allowed Arroyo to blow the game. Arroyo gave up 5 (FIVE) Home Runs in 4+ innings pitched. Other managers playing in important games today have had quick hooks (Archer pulled in 4th inning after allowing 1 ER, Holland pulled in 5th inning after allowing 3 ER) but not Dusty. He allowed the Pirates to blow the game wide open before pulling Arroyo. At this point you might as well leave him out there and save the bullpen. Game is over.
      Isn't that game next week?
      [REDACTED]

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by MVPete
        Insert weasel like answer from Warner claiming he doesn't care where the game takes place.
        To be fair, i've been saying for weeks that I don't care where the game takes place. I also said that once the Reds were unable to win the division, that my primary concern for the PIT series was that is was wrapped up by Saturday either way, so that Sunday would be meaningless and you could pitch the AAAA guys out of the bullpen on Sunday. If they got home field, cool. If not, shoulder shrug.

Anyway, I understand this is a troll thread, but I still don't expect these low level football forum type arguments from gob, who knows better.

"Arroyo sucks. He's terrible.

But Dusty started him in the most important game of the Reds season."

The postseason rotation is already set up, you arent going to start skipping guys or moving people around with two days left and fight to the death for some hokey home field advantage. Latos goes Tuesday, Bailey starts a potential Game 1 after that. Cueto was set to go tomorrow if it were a rubber game. You could have started Cueto today, but then even if the Reds win, you's be complaining that "Arroyo is starting the most important game of the Reds season" tomorrow. So it doesn't matter if your gripe is Arroyo.

Anyway, way too much typing for a troll tread. The Reds most important game of the season is Tuesday, not today. And Latos is starting, not Arroyo.

Comment

• MVPete
          Old School
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
          To be fair, i've been saying for weeks that I don't care where the game takes place. I also said that once the Reds were unable to win the division, that my primary concern for the PIT series was that is was wrapped up by Saturday either way, so that Sunday would be meaningless and you could pitch the AAAA guys out of the bullpen on Sunday. If they got home field, cool. If not, shoulder shrug.

Anyway, I understand this is a troll thread, but I still don't expect these low level football forum type arguments from gob, who knows better.

"Arroyo sucks. He's terrible.

But Dusty started him in the most important game of the Reds season."

The postseason rotation is already set up, you arent going to start skipping guys or moving people around with two days left and fight to the death for some hokey home field advantage. Latos goes Tuesday, Bailey starts a potential Game 1 after that. Cueto was set to go tomorrow if it were a rubber game. You could have started Cueto today, but then even if the Reds win, you's be complaining that "Arroyo is starting the most important game of the Reds season" tomorrow. So it doesn't matter if your gripe is Arroyo.

Anyway, way too much typing for a troll tread. The Reds most important game of the season is Tuesday, not today. And Latos is starting, not Arroyo.
          I already edited my comment after thinking about it. Glad you snagged it before it was done you weasel.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

So it turns out Latos can't go Tuesday, so Cueto has been scratched tomorrow and will take his place.

So if Baker had followed the gob plan and started Cueto today FOR THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME EVER, Arroyo would have likely been forced to pitch the WC game.

Plus now, if the Reds win Tuesday, they can go into the NLDS with Bailey/Latos games 1 & 2, and come back with Cueto for a game 3.

This is precisely why you don't go completely overboard chasing a home game in a one game playoff.

Awful thread, but good job, good effort.

Comment

Working...