Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Rockies lose Tulowitzki for season

Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki will undergo season-ending hip surgery on Friday, the team has announced. Tulowitzki has been sidelined since July 19 with a strained left hip flexor.

At one point this season, Tulowitzki, 29, had seemed on course for an NL MVP run, but the Rockies' collapse in tandem with his latest injury concerns put a stop to that. If Tulowitzki's season is indeed over, then he'll end it with a stellar line of .340/.432/.603 (173 OPS+) and 21 homers in 91 games. That's of course in addition to his exceptional defense at short.

Since his first full campaign in the majors in 2007, Tulowitzki has averaged just 117 games per season. His contract runs through 2020 with a team option for 2021. At minimum, he's owed another $119 million.

There had been some informed speculation that the Rockies would shop Tulowitzki this offseason, but any such hypotheticals now depend upon how well he recovers from this surgery.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...ng-hip-surgery
    After this, I wouldn't trade for Tulo. He's got a monster contract, and has only played over 150 games twice in his career. Tulo is a great talent, but his bill of health is not promising.
  • RyanLeaf16
    #DoSomething
    • Feb 2009

Reminds me of Jeff D'Amico.

Got a medical file thicker than a phone book. Guy is always hurt. I know he can't help it, but, guys that are constantly on the DL annoy the shit out of me.
    Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008

Comment

• Slateman
      • Apr 2009

CarGo gone for the season too.
      The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept.
      As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom!
      If only I had died instead of you
      O Absalom, my son, my son!"

Comment

• DDRGuido
        gx
        • Feb 2009

so is Simmons a better SS then Tulo?

Comment

• EmpireWF
          Giants in the Super Bowl
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by DDRGuido
          so is Simmons a better SS then Tulo?
          Fuck no

Comment

• DDRGuido
            gx
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
            Fuck no
            Coverage includes audio and video clips, interviews, statistics, schedules and exclusive stories.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
              • Sep 2024

I'm just going to ignore that I saw that post......you can make the argument that Simmons is the superior defensive shortstop, but Tulo is by far the better hitter and overall player at this point.

Comment

• DDRGuido
                gx
                • Feb 2009

Simmons doesn't get hurt every year

Comment

Working...