Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

2014 Divisional Series Random Thoughts

The Orioles are currently up 2-0, thanks in large part to their bats but also the ineptness of Detroit set-up men Joba Chamberlain and Joakim Soria. I'm thinking, along with everyone else, that Brad Ausmus is a fool for not keeping Anibal Sanchez in for the 8th inning, but plenty of blame should go to the GM for constructing that bullpen. Their bench depth is almost non-existent, Miguel Cabrera has a monster contract, they gave up Fister for pennies and aside from Soria, whose pitches are looking terrible, they did nothing to improve their bullpen this summer. I think Dave Dombrowski should be on a burning hot seat.

The Giants just won against the Nationals today 3-2, and it's looking like that could be a good series. Nationals ace Stephen Strasburg gave up eight hits in five innings, and the bullpen allowed only four the rest of the way. With the post-season experience the Giants have under their belt, this is the worst matchup the Nationals could be hoping for, and I'm thinking they might take the series from the Nationals.

LAD/STL is currently in progress. I also missed most of the KC/LAA game as I was at the Orioles game and wasn't home until late, but KC is a tough matchup for anyone. Even with Ned Yost behind the bench, they've managed to find their way into the playoffs and find success. LAA has a tough matchup against Ventura tonight, and I think they need to pull out a win before heading to KC.
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

We might see our fourth one-run game of the day, definitely enjoying the pitching duel going on between KC and LAA.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
      • Sep 2024

Both the Orioles and Royals sweep their opponents to enter the ALCS. Even as an Orioles fan, if we end up losing to the Royals, I can't even be mad. Either way, a team that is longing for a World Series title is going to get the chance to represent the American League. I'm thinking the series goes to seven games, and I plan to be at each one that's in Baltimore.

In the National League, the Giants go for the sweep of the Nationals, and will do it with Madison Bumgarner taking the hill again. Doug Fister will make a good accounting for himself for the Nats, but unless their bats wake up, they can look to be swept as well. The Cardinals and Dodgers are tied, and it looks like this might be the only series to go past three games.

Comment

Working...