Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kmanharris
    Seven
    • Oct 2008

I didn't say them not doing their job wouldn't affect the team. I said them being a distraction in the locker room wouldn't bother the team because they wouldn't think about it when they went up to bat or when they were making a throw to first base.

Football is a team game because one person can't do everything themselves. The only time you need anything of a "team" is pitcher to catcher or when making a throw but any team can do that without team chemistry.

Comment

• kmanharris
      Seven
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by celtsxpatsxsox
      Not true, look what Manny did to the Red Sox last year. He was pretty much tearing the club house apart. If he stayed and continued to be a distraction I do not think the Red Sox would of made the playoffs.
      Manny was lackadaisical while doing his job. It never seemed like he went 100%. Yes he was a distraction off the field but did his actions off the field affect his teammates during the game?

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
        Redsox
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by kmanharris
        Manny was lackadaisical while doing his job. It never seemed like he went 100%. Yes he was a distraction off the field but did his actions off the field affect his teammates during the game?
        Yes it did distract other players, every interview all the questions would be about Manny. He would get into fights in the club house, dugout, and pretty much lied about a knee injury.

Comment

• Mogriffjr
          aka Reece
          • Apr 2009

The new Yankee stadium is playing like a bandbox...20HR's in 6 games there (I think that's the stat)...that's CRAZY.
          Originally posted by Nick Mangold
          Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

• BuccaneerFan
            Noob
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Mogriffjr
            The new Yankee stadium is playing like a bandbox...20HR's in 6 games there (I think that's the stat)...that's CRAZY.
            It's really nuts, isn't it? I was watching that 22-4 game and every fly ball the Indians hit to RF just carried out. This stadium is only across the street from the old one, what could be making it play so differently? It's even configured facing the same direction as old Yankee Stadium. Weird.

Comment

• DJ Fog
              Posts a lot
              • Dec 2008

Wang has been horrible thus far, yes. He's caused a lot of bullpen use, and a lot of HR's to be given up at the new stadium. I think he should go down to AAA for a couple of starts and not come back until he's got command of his sinker again. You have to remember, the guy won 19 games in back to back seasons, and was 8-2 I believe when he got hurt last year. He has good stuff, he's just rusty (I hope).

I'm not afraid of the Yankees record at this point, hell, I was hoping they'd just play at least above 500 ball until A-Rod returned. ARod will def be back by May 15th, and possibly sooner.

As for team chemistry.. I think it can go a long way in building a great team. Look at the 98 Yankees. They went 114-48 in the reg season, easily went on to win the world series. On that team, they had no superstars, yet they're regarding as one of the top teams of all time.
              www.soundcloud.com/djfog86

Comment

• Pills
                Go Blue!
                • Mar 2009

Wang's being skipped in Boston. Was in Newsday today.
                UglyChristmasLights.com - Celebrating 10 years with the 2011 collection!

Comment

• kyhadley
                  Carefree
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Pills
                  Wang's being skipped in Boston. Was in Newsday today.
                  dammit!

Comment

• DJ Fog
                    Posts a lot
                    • Dec 2008

Get the brooms ready for boston.. I smell a sweep coming on.
                    www.soundcloud.com/djfog86

Comment

• stevsta
                      ¿Que?
                      • Oct 2008

if i was a yankee fan i would not be worried as baseball is a 162 game season plenty of games for the yanks to recuperate not to mention A-roid coming back later on

their pitching will be deadly down the stretch if they can stay healthy and go for their career avgs
                      RIP

Comment

Working...