X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • celtsxpatsxsox
    Redsox
    • Oct 2008

Sox "not a factor" for texiera

The official website of the Boston Red Sox with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.

I hope this is just a rumor or something
  • Bmore
    The True Free-Man
    • Oct 2008

nope it's all over ESPN.

Comment

• Yawkey Way
      Free World Leader
      • Oct 2008

this is common, they know Boras likes to jack up the prices. He did this with Johnny Damon and fooled us. He won't be able to do it twice though. If there really is a team out there that much better than us, let Tex walk.

Comment

• corbin
        • Nov 2008

Please don't go to the Nats. I will hate you forever.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
          Redsox
          • Oct 2008

If he goes to the Nats it will prove that he doesnt care about the game and just wants the money. Then in 2 years we will hear him wanting to get traded because the nats cant win.

Comment

• stevsta
            ¿Que?
            • Oct 2008

damn you boston fans are egocentric if a person does not go to your team there money grooping dumb butts but if they go to your team there superheros he should really just stay with the angels
            RIP

Comment

• Primetime
              Thank You Prince
              • Nov 2008

Never really were a factor.

Comment

• Yawkey Way
                Free World Leader
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by stevsta
                damn you boston fans are egocentric if a person does not go to your team there money grooping dumb butts but if they go to your team there superheros he should really just stay with the angels
                what the fuck did you just say. That didn't make any sense. All they were saying was that if he goes to the nats it shows he chooses money>winning. I don't see how you can argue against that?

Comment

• Yawkey Way
                  Free World Leader
                  • Oct 2008

Yeah, putting 200 million dollars into ONE player out of 25 is how teams get good. Now they will be tied down for a while. What if the Nats fail miserably even with Tex as they most likely will. There paying him a fifth of a billion dollars, and he most likely won't even elevate them past the Phillies, Mets, or Marlins

I would have rather saw them go take that 200 million and spend it on two top end Starters, a position they sorely need.

Comment

• Yawkey Way
                    Free World Leader
                    • Oct 2008

you repeated the same thing twice in two different posts. And i don't even care if Tex goes to the Nats, i'm just saying IF he goes solely for the Money, it is a stupid move. Not only will he not win, but the Nats will not win. Don't tell me just because theres no salary cap that all of a sudden the Nationals have all the money in the world. There not making any revenue. They just built a new expensive ballpark, and they barely brought in any fans last year. Giving tex a 200 million dollar deal over 8-10 years only takes away money that could go to other free agents that they need to bring in.

Who besides Mark Teixeira and Ryan Zimmerman are even going to make a giant difference on the Nationals. They don't have starpower, they don't have a farm system, and they don't have pitching.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                      Redsox
                      • Oct 2008

So you would rather be a main guy on a team then to be on a team that has a good shot at winning a world series. If we dont sign him then o well I am perfectly satisfied wiht having a healthy lowell at third base. I honestly feel texiera is gonna get overpaid by whoever signs him anyways.

How much is Albert Pujols gonna make when he enters Free Agency which I believe is in 2010? $40 mil a year cause he is the best player in all of baseball. So with all these other guys making a ton of money pujols will want to make the most in all of baseball.

The thing abot pujols was a little off topic but had to bring it up case with these other players getting big paydays pujols is gonna cash in when he enters free agency
                      Last edited by celtsxpatsxsox; 12-19-2008, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                        Redsox
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DET Clutch
                        You said on the last page that "if we goes to the Nationals, its soley for money. You cant argue that"

Like the things I said above, not everybody wants to play in Boston, maybe he wants to help out a bad team and make them a good team in a few years?

The only person who knows if its money based is him, really though, not every player cares about winning a ring. Some guys would rather turn a franchise around.

you are really gonna say that. If players dont want to win a ring then why bother playing?

Comment

• Yawkey Way
                          Free World Leader
                          • Oct 2008

and your really gonna say he doesn't care about winning, maybe he wants to turn a franchise around. Stop saying the same thing over and over again, Baseball is a team sport. One player is not going to turn a 62-100 team around, especially seeing as you can just pitch around one batter if the rest blow. Tex will only go to the Nats for money. There i said it. Every smart player would want a chance to win a ring. If he wants a ring, he should go to Boston or maybe even LA.

Comment

• Gonzo
                            Colts Supremicist
                            • Dec 2008

I agree for the most part about Boston bluffing - and to be honest, they could use his stick this season - Burnett and Sabathia in pinstripes could be scary this coming season.

Comment

• Yawkey Way
                              Free World Leader
                              • Oct 2008

don't count them out. Boras came back today and said they had a good meeting, i'm pretty sure we called his bluff.

Comment

Working...