X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • .RoCkEtS1
    Cudder
    • Jan 2009

Raptors Privately Considering Trading Bosh

The Raptors are privately acknowledging for the first time that they might need to trade Chris Bosh, rather than risk losing him to free agency in 2010, according to a report from the New York Daily News.

The Bulls remain interested in Bosh, but Luol Deng would have to be part of a package going to the Raptors.

Bosh could also end up in Detroit in a package that would net the Raptors Carlos Boozer, according to the report.

Coming soon...
  • CB4
    • Nov 2008

BC should just pull the trigger on a trade, if he doesnt sign an extension. Its better getting something for him then losing him for nothing.

Comment

• mfbmike
      Goat****er
      • Nov 2008

bosh trades to sweep the nba chise boards in 5,4,3,2,1...

Comment

• Deviant
        Yes, please.
        • Nov 2008

Why isn't the first comment:

"How the fuck are they 'privately' considering trading Bosh? Someone really fucked that up with it ending up here."

I smell bullshit.

Back at it, yet again. Sign up here!

Comment

• ralaw
          Posts too much
          • Feb 2009

It doesn't surprise me that the Raps can't keep their American born star players.

Comment

• Whatupdoe44
            Magic
            • Nov 2008

Beasley for Bosh Deal......

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Highwayman
              • Feb 2009

If the Heat trade for Bosh, they'll have to trade away all of their depth and the deal will include Beasley. Would be tough and they'd need to bring in a bunch of players that would be willing to take a lot less for them to make a legitimate run.

For the Raptors...they NEED to make this deal. The Heat and Cavs can't really, in good faith trade guys like Wade and Bron...if they leave, they leave (Wade won't leave - so, really in the case of LeBron).

But, the Raptors can move Bosh and probably get the best package for him.

One "young" stud, group of vets, and some draft picks...similar to the KG deal, which kind of set the tone for these types of deals.

If he goes to the Bulls, I'd expect Luol Deng, Tyrus Thomas and some role players to make the deal happen + draft picks.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                Beautiful Like Moses
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ralaw
                It doesn't surprise me that the Raps can't keep their American born star players.
                It has nothing to do with being American born. It has everything to do with the teams progression. If the team that seemed on the rise suddenly turned into one of the worst in the NBA, would you wanna stick around? I still say if we rebound and make the playoffs this year, Bosh stays.. but obviously not if we trade him away before we even get a chance to do that. I dont mind trading him if we get the vibe that hes not staying, aslong as we're getting fair value in return. Luol Deng is not that. Neither is Tyrus Thomas..

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
                  It has nothing to do with being American born. It has everything to do with the teams progression. If the team that seemed on the rise suddenly turned into one of the worst in the NBA, would you wanna stick around? I still say if we rebound and make the playoffs this year, Bosh stays.. but obviously not if we trade him away before we even get a chance to do that. I dont mind trading him if we get the vibe that hes not staying, aslong as we're getting fair value in return. Luol Deng is not that. Neither is Tyrus Thomas..
                  You can't really get "fair value" in return for NBA superstars because of the restrictions in place.

Minnesota held off for a while before trading KG because they felt they couldn't get "fair value" for him. At some point though, you need to take what you can get for him, otherwise lose him for nothing.

Young player, roles players, draft picks seems to be the going rate for players of Bosh's quality.

If he goes to Miami...Beasley is the young guy you are looking at in return. If he goes to Chicago...Deng is the guy you'd be looking for in return, you might also get Tyrus Thomas. If it is Golden State...Beans, Brandon Wright, Bellinelli, and Randolph are going to be in play...take two, I'd guess. If its the Knicks...David Lee and lots of filler.

Its just the nature of the beast...you won't be able to swap studs...just get a bunch of pieces and hope you end up with an Al Jefferson-type, maybe get a Ryan Gomes and then load up on draft picks in the process.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                    Beautiful Like Moses
                    • Oct 2008

If we can get a T-Wolves esque package for Bosh id be satisfied.. I considered that fair value for KG.

We'll be lucky to end up with a Al Jefferson like player tho.. those chances are slim. Id almost rather have Jefferson than KG at this point of their careers.

As for the Warriors.. I said in the past id be satisfied with Beans, Randolph and Marco.. or Beans and Monta. Or some kind of package like that. Im REALLY high on some of their young players, especially Randolph, that guy is gonna be a stud.

Again tho... if Luol Deng is the main piece in a Bosh deal im jumping off a bridge.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Larry
                      You can't really get "fair value" in return for NBA superstars because of the restrictions in place.

Minnesota held off for a while before trading KG because they felt they couldn't get "fair value" for him. At some point though, you need to take what you can get for him, otherwise lose him for nothing.

Young player, roles players, draft picks seems to be the going rate for players of Bosh's quality.

If he goes to Miami...Beasley is the young guy you are looking at in return. If he goes to Chicago...Deng is the guy you'd be looking for in return, you might also get Tyrus Thomas. If it is Golden State...Beans, Brandon Wright, Bellinelli, and Randolph are going to be in play...take two, I'd guess. If its the Knicks...David Lee and lots of filler.

Its just the nature of the beast...you won't be able to swap studs...just get a bunch of pieces and hope you end up with an Al Jefferson-type, maybe get a Ryan Gomes and then load up on draft picks in the process.
                      DONE DEAL! Deng, Tyrus Thomas and a pick or someother turd for Bosh. Done. Do it. Now. Like NOW!

Comment

• zack54attack
                        Posts a lot
                        • Dec 2008

Please come to Chicago Bosh...

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Firsttimer
                          DONE DEAL! Deng, Tyrus Thomas and a pick or someother turd for Bosh. Done. Do it. Now. Like NOW!
                          If I'm just looking at the trade machine...Deng, Thomas, and someone like Salmons or Noah and maybe a low grade bum + picks for Bosh, Humphries, bum like Douby...maybe a few exemptions get moved back and forth or cash.

Comment

• Whatupdoe44
                            Magic
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by the_mavsman
                            JHO for Bosh.
                            lmao if toronto did that I would laugh so hard, would be the worst trade in the history of trades

Comment

• FirstTimer
                              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by zack54attack
                              Please come to Chicago Bosh...
                              We don't need Bosh. We have Tyrus "The Bum Slayer" Thomas!!!
                              Originally posted by Larry
                              If I'm just looking at the trade machine...Deng, Thomas, and someone like Salmons or Noah and maybe a low grade bum + picks for Bosh, Humphries, bum like Douby...maybe a few exemptions get moved back and forth or cash.
                              Doubt the Bulls move Salmons, or Noah. But I could give a shit about Deng or Tyrus Thomas.

Comment

Working...