X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kuzzy Powers
    Beautiful Like Moses
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Larry
    If I'm just looking at the trade machine...Deng, Thomas, and someone like Salmons or Noah and maybe a low grade bum + picks for Bosh, Humphries, bum like Douby...maybe a few exemptions get moved back and forth or cash.
    Lol if we land Johnny Salmons in the trade with Thomas and Deng I might not be opposed to it. But I highly doubt the Bulls are looking to move Salmons.

Comment

• dave
      Go the fuck outside
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Whatupdoe44
      Beasley for Bosh Deal......
      Not a chance.
      My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• FirstTimer
        Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by DSA
        Deng is a negative for Toronto. Injuries + awful contract + no ability to create anything by himself (which is Toronto's biggest need) = no thanks.

Tyrus is meh.

Salmons has little value because if we're trading Bosh then we're rebuilding and if we're rebuilding we're not going to do it with a 29 year old SG.

Plus, that trade would get topped 100 times over by any team.
        Nuh uh.

Deng + Thomas = Championship!

Comment

• CB4
          • Nov 2008

Just keep him till like February when the deadline hits and if were over .500 by a lot then dont trade him but if we are then just trade him away.

Comment

• MRN
            MRNeverwearthesamething
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by CB4
            Just keep him till like February when the deadline hits and if were over .500 by a lot then dont trade him but if we are then just trade him away.

Better version of your sig..

Comment

• MRN
              MRNeverwearthesamething
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Firsttimer
              Nuh uh.

Deng + Thomas = Championship!
              I don't think Chicago will give up Thomas, well, at least I hope they wouldn't.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                Beautiful Like Moses
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by MRN
                I don't think Chicago will give up Thomas, well, at least I hope they wouldn't.
                If you wouldnt give up Thomas and Deng both to land Bosh, you crazy homie.

Not wanting to sign an extension is not a surprise. If we dont improve dramatically next year and the writing is on the wall, you gotta move him at the deadline. If we're in the hunt and we look like the team that could make noise again, and we throw max money at him, I think he might stick around. But im not seeing us in that position next year without some big moves to improve our depth + being able to keep Marion. So its pretty evident Bosh is leaving the city.. its time to build around Bargnani, Jose, and the pieces we land for Chris + whoever we land in the draft this and next year.

Comment

• Vinsane
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by mbuser
                  bosh says no thanks to an extension

question becomes, who would want to take a chance via a trade on his being just a one-year rental?
                  Enter...The Cleveland Cavaliers. Bosh and LeBron both have a year left. Cleveland very well could say. "All right LeBron, we'll get you Bosh and if this doesn't work? We won't stop you from leaving". This is a scenario that has been playing on the minds of Cleveland fans.

LeBron wants/needs a ring if he's going to stay in Cleveland. Danny Ferry got him to the finals, and they were swept. The Cavaliers need an athletic big man. Bosh/Hicks would be a tandem together if Hicks works on his footwork and can stay healthy. Cleveland could give up Varejao/Big Z/Sasha/Wally/Boobie/West/Big Ben Etc.

What about long term? The Cavaliers will have 7M coming off the books this season alone (Eric Snow). Couple that with moving Big Z's contract, restructuring the contracts they got in the trade last season. The ability to offer LeBron a max contract, the Cavaliers would still have ample money to satisfy Bosh. As long as their role players agreed to minor pay cuts.

Cleveland will be a player for Bosh, watch.
                  25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                    Beautiful Like Moses
                    • Oct 2008

Who the fuck are the Cavs going to trade us to land them Chris Bosh?

Come on now..

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                      Beautiful Like Moses
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DSA
                      If the Raps are gonna trade Bosh for garbage it's not going to be to a team in their conference that also has LBJ.

And the only way Bosh gets dealt is because Colangelo doesn't want to pay him max money or Bosh sees a way to wind up in CHI, DAL or NY. Other than that he'll stay.
                      If we're not a playoff team next year, I guarantee Bosh is either traded or he walks. Dont get fooled, he may seem loyal but hes not even trying to say the right things right now.. that usually equals bad things. If Bosh can go to a contender for max money he will.

And no question Colangelo will throw the max at him.. infact they can offer 10% more than any other team in the NBA.

Comment

• Vinsane
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
                        And no question Colangelo will throw the max at him.. infact they can offer 10% more than any other team in the NBA.
                        That's common. Cleveland is in the same boat next year. Can throw 10% more money at LBJ than anyone else can.

Trade topic: What are the Raps needs right now?

Comment

• CB4
                          • Nov 2008

A wing shooter.

Comment

• Vinsane
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by CB4
                            A wing shooter.
                            Sasha Pavlovic, no?

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                              Beautiful Like Moses
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Vinsane
                              Sasha Pavlovic, no?
                              Never.

We need a reliable scoring option behind Bosh and Bargs.. preferably a wing player. A solid wing man that can give us a reliable 15-18 pts a nite.

Id still like to have Marion back at a discounted price, but it probably isnt happening. I do really think if we have Calderon, Marion, Bosh, Bargs, and whether its Parker or a better option at the 2, we are still a playoff team. Add Delfino back (hopefully) and a slightly more experienced Ukic.. and hopefully Pops can provide some nice depth as a big man next year. But like I said, Marion likely isnt coming back.

I just have to trust that if Colangelo does trust Bosh, he doesnt fuck it up like the Carter trade. Not only was that one of, if not THE worst trade in NBA history, but it also set our franchise back 5 years. Theres a few teams willing to give up some nice young talent for Chris, dont let him walk for nothing.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                                Beautiful Like Moses
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DSA
                                No player in the NBA has ever turned down a max deal. If Colangelo offers that to Bosh he will likely accept it unless he has a chance to go to DAL, CHI or NY, maybe MIA. And even then it will be tough for him to pass up the extra money.

"There was some hysteria over a story or two yesterday that suggested that pending free agent Chris Bosh was finished in this town after next season.

The Raptors star played down the talk last night on The Fan.

He suggested that some people were putting words in his mouth.

"I'd say the odds are good (he would be a Raptor beyond next season)," Bosh said.

"I like it here, that's what people don't understand. I like it here ... Toronto has treated me well."
                                So you're saying that even if we fail again next season Bosh will stay if we offer the Max?

I just dont see it bro. Bosh said himself the most important thing is to play for a winner. If we aint winning, hes jetting.

Comment

Working...