Did you get the guy you wanted?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CB4
    • Nov 2008

My draft was perfect. OKC got Harden and the Raptors got DeMar. Both picks were exactly what I wanted.

Comment

• FedEx227
      Delivers
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by jags224
      the fuck rubio is going back to spain WOW..

wayne can play the 2 corey brewer is coming back and can do well if he stays healthy and ryan gomes, but yeah were in a mess kind of
      Exactly. If you look at your depth chart it's kind of a mess even if Rubio does stay.

PG- Ricky Rubio, Jonny Flynn, Sebastian Telfair
      SG- Rodney Carney, Wayne Elington
      SF- Corey Brewer, Brian Cardinal, Darius Songalia
      PF- Kevin Love, Craig Smith, Ryan Gomes
      C- Al Jefferson, Oleksiy Pecherov, Etan Thomas, Shelden Williams, Jason Collins

The draft did nothing but cause a glut of solid PGs and add a backup SG.
      VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• dope
        Allons-y!
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Larry
        You do realize, the Pacers can put together an all-floorslapper lineup, which would legitimately pwn motherfuckers left and right.
        Last edited by dope; 06-26-2009, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• AJay
          Fighter of the Nightman
          • Oct 2008

Knicks ended up with Toney Douglas! I couldn't be happier. I love this guy.

I don't know why Pacer fans are upset with the Hansborough selection. The guy has the will to win and will find a way to do it. He will only make your team better.

Comment

• Archer
            Go the fuck outside
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by AJay
            Knicks ended up with Toney Douglas! I couldn't be happier. I love this guy.

I don't know why Pacer fans are upset with the Hansborough selection. The guy has the will to win and will find a way to do it. He will only make your team better.
            Name me one skill (that isint "he knows how to win and works hard) that could translate into the NBA . He cant bully people in the post anymore because hes already shown hes incapble of doing that v people of similar stature which the NBA is full of . He never used real post up moves so that is out the window. He has no midrange game so that is out the window too .

Hes a hard worker who i see being a bench guy who brings toughness at best .... Its not even the fact that we chose him , its that we chose him at 13!

I honestly dont even think hes that talented , lets see how well he knows how to win on a below average team like ours instead of a team that is already a top team (in terms of talent).

Comment

• Archer
              Go the fuck outside
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Buddha
              u gotta at least give him a chance....he had to do something right to win the Player of the Year in college. at first i thought Tyler = Christian Laettner(sp?) but they said he's supposed to be an energy type guy. like Chris Andersen and young David Lee. Which bringing that will to win and hustle spreads to the entire team. I dont think he'll be AS bad as everyone is saying. But i dont think he will be a very good player either, he'll find his niche.

yea i know i didnt "name a skill" but im not arguing that he's gonna be a great player either.
              I will give him a chance when i calm down ... I saw the pick a mile off , said all week i hope we dont and yet we did . It was crushing for me

And David Lee is a bad example ... I guess Andersen would work in the terms of bringing energy .

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                Beautiful Like Moses
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by archer2k407
                I will give him a chance when i calm down ... I saw the pick a mile off , said all week i hope we dont and yet we did . It was crushing for me

And David Lee is a bad example ... I guess Andersen would work in the terms of bringing energy .
                Except that Hansbrough doesnt have near the athleticism/hops/defensive abilities of Birdman.

Sorry.. dont mean to rub it in.

Comment

• Esjay
                  Luck2Hilton
                  • Feb 2009

We'll be lucky if he's half as effective as Lee or Andersen. He isn't gonna be able to throw his shoulder into people and get to the free throw line every time in the NBA, he isn't Shaq. He has a decent midrange jumper but other than that, nothing.

Fuck that pick and fuck Larry Bird.

Comment

• SuperNova854
                    Hobo Pride
                    • Nov 2008

I was hoping we could move one of our surpluss bigs for another pick, but we got Griffin, so its all good.

1984 Record: 44-38 (9th in west)
                    1985 Record: 42-40 (7th in west; 1st round exit)
                    1986 Record: 51-31 (3rd in west; swept in finals)

The Grizzlies theme this season should be : "This Season, We're Doing It For The Lulz"

Comment

• NAHSTE
                      Probably owns the site
                      • Feb 2009

We just missed the one guy I wanted out of this draft, and that was Tywon Lawson. Though it's not clear we would've picked him over Teague even if he was there. Either way, it was heartbreaking seeing him go at 18.

Like Teague enough to be intrigued, but not entirely sold.

Comment

Working...