X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Len B
    :moonwalk:
    • Oct 2008

Title Defense -- Boston Celtics 08-09 Thread

Title defense begins tonight at home against Cleveland. Raising the banner before the game, then starting the repeat quest.

I'm optimistic Celtics will finish top two in the East this year, but Cleveland is the one team I think that will give them fits and could dethrone the Eastern champs.

Prediction on the year:

58-24 record, 1st in the East
  • Len B
    • Oct 2008

Manchester area, yourself?

Tony Allen will have a great year as the sixth man, but the Celtics need to trade/sign another player to get back to championship level.

Comment

• Len B
      • Oct 2008

Great start to the season. Pierce looks like he's continuing from last year and Powe/Allen played outstanding off the bench.

I really think Tony Allen has a shot for 10+ ppg this year and be a huge role player.

Comment

• Bmore
        The True Free-Man
        • Oct 2008

You think Bill Walker will get any playing time?

Comment

• Len B
          • Oct 2008

Maybe small spurts early on but I doubt he'll actually do anything of value this year.

Comment

• Len B
            • Oct 2008

Huge matchup tonight vs the Rockets. The Celtics looked tired against the Pacers so hopefully they can get back on the ball tonight.

Comment

• Len B
              • Oct 2008

Bumping this now that we have a few more Celtics guys here.

We'll get to see Powe get substantial minutes next game without KG, so I'm hoping he can put up 15/8 or something similar.

Comment

• Primetime
                Thank You Prince
                • Nov 2008

I have a feeling he'll be a monster on the boards with the Knicks new fast paced system. I'm giving him 12 boards. Glad to see a lot of Celtics fans around here.

Comment

• Primetime
                  Thank You Prince
                  • Nov 2008

I think Rondo will take on some excess offense to take the weight off the others in KG's absence. I think he can penetrate the Knicks perimeter guys and finish inside or dump it. I think he could have a 18 pt and 10 ast game. A lot of steals against the fast paced offense of New York too.

Comment

• Len B
                    • Oct 2008

Yeah, Rondo is left unguarded and when he drives to the hoop a big man takes one step to him and he just dribbles through or passes out. It gets frustrating to watch.

Comment

Working...