X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Senser81
    VSN Poster of the Year
    • Feb 2009

Thoughts on Steelers-Ravens game...

Since I had to stay up late on a work night to watch this game, I figured I might as well make a thread about it. Here are my thoughts...

*Dennis Dixon played as well as he possibly could, but he really can't pass. At all. He is like a skinny, frail version of Steve McNair. He kinda shot-puts the ball in the direction of his receiver and has no velocity. He made some decent/lucky throws in the 1st half (like his TD pass to Holmes...shoulda been INTd), but the torch went out in the 2nd half. It was just a matter of time before the Ravens won.

*Ray Rice seemed to be the difference in the game. I thought Mendenhall ran pretty well, but the Steelers seemed intent on working some passes into the gameplan, which ultimately cost them.

*Steelers special teams still need some work.

*I was amazed that the Ravens were able to get their FG team onto the field at the end of regulation. The FG looked good when Cundiff hit it.

*The reflection off of Dixon's face shield coupled with Dixon's large nostrils made it seem like he had two huge snot bubbles whenever he was on camera.

*I enjoyed the Ravens bird-thing mascot. Very involved in the game. One time, Cundiff made a FG, the ball starts tumbling down the net and a ball boy gets in place to catch it, but the bird-thing starts spazzing out and hits the ball out of the ball boy's hands. Great stuff.
  • Mogriffjr
    aka Reece
    • Apr 2009

I believe they were saying during the broadcast that the ball wasn't placed in the right spot for the FG? because of the fumble? I need more clarification but if I recall they spotted the ball where the fumbled occured?...
    Originally posted by Nick Mangold
    Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

• Deviant
      Yes, please.
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Mogriffjr
      I believe they were saying during the broadcast that the ball wasn't placed in the right spot for the FG? because of the fumble? I need more clarification but if I recall they spotted the ball where the fumbled occured?...
      Basically, in the last two minutes of play, if the offense fumbles the football, it can not be advanced forward by the offense and the ball must be spotted where the fumble occured. So, it should have been placed at the 44 instead of the 37.

Back at it, yet again. Sign up here!

Comment

• Senser81
        VSN Poster of the Year
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Mogriffjr
        They spotted the ball where the Ravens lineman guy recovered it, which was like 7 or 8 yards upfield from where Flacco initially fumbled it. The rule is if a player fumbles in the last 2 minutes of a game, only the player who fumbled the ball can advance the ball past the spot of the initial fumble. Sounds complicated, but the rule was put in place to disallow teams from intentionally fumbling at the end of the game and then kicking/punching the ball into the endzone.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNMy6FV10VM&feature=PlayList&p=142B854A4EA 95194&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=7"]YouTube- The Holy Roller[/ame]

Comment

• Bmore
          The True Free-Man
          • Oct 2008

I hope everyone learned yesterday that Ray Rice is the real deal.

Comment

• Woy
            RIP West
            • Dec 2008

Name some people that questioned Ray Rice. I don't remember anyone bashing him.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Bmore
              The True Free-Man
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Woy
              Not saying anyone doubted him. I'm more or less saying he was underrated. People were talking last night that they waited till the 17th round to draft him in Fantasy Football.

Watch Rice won't even make the pro bowl.

Comment

• Senser81
                VSN Poster of the Year
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Woy
                The same people who claimed Phillip Rivers was not a top 5 QB....

Comment

• Woy
                  RIP West
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Bmore
                  Not saying anyone doubted him. I'm more or less saying he was underrated. People were talking last night that they waited till the 17th round to draft him in Fantasy Football.

Watch Rice won't even make the pro bowl.
                  With three slots, it's going to be a battle to see who gets that last position. CJ is a gimme, and MJD is having a great year as well. Then you have Cedric Benson, Rice, and Ricky Williams.

Benson - 205 carries, 859 yards, 6 TD
                  Rice - 167 carries, 821 yards, 6 TD
                  Williams - 154 carries, 792 yards, 9 TD

Comment

• Bmore
                    The True Free-Man
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Woy
                    With three slots, it's going to be a battle to see who gets that last position. CJ is a gimme, and MJD is having a great year as well. Then you have Cedric Benson, Rice, and Ricky Williams.

Benson - 205 carries, 859 yards, 6 TD
                    Rice - 167 carries, 821 yards, 6 TD
                    Williams - 154 carries, 792 yards, 9 TD
                    Now put in receptions and those yards.

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
                      Formerly ravensownall17
                      • Feb 2009

Ray Rice also has 61 catches for 581 yards and a TD, which is way more than either Benson or Williams...I dunno if Rice will make it because I don't think he's a big enough name yet, but he's deserving of it. Great player.

Comment

• Gonzo
                        Colts Supremicist
                        • Dec 2008

Ray Rice: 167 Rushes for 821 yards, 6 TDS ; 61 Receptions for 582 yards, 1 TD
                        Ricky Williams: 154 Rushes for 792 yards, 9 TDs ; 20 Receptions for 212 yards, 2 TDs
                        Cedric Benson: 205 Rushes for 859 yards, 6 TDs ; 10 Receptions for 66 yards

Rice deserves that nod thus far.

Comment

• Bmore
                          The True Free-Man
                          • Oct 2008

Wow Benson has 30 or so more carries and only 30 yards more then Rice...

Comment

• Woy
                            RIP West
                            • Dec 2008

Forgot about the receptions. Yes, Rice deserves the last nod so far.

Comment

• Chrispy
                              Needs a hobby
                              • Dec 2008

Ray Rice is a beast

Comment

Working...