• Sportsbuck
    Buckeye For Life
    • Dec 2008

The Class of 2011 College Football Recruiting Thread

Need to start this ish up...

Ohio State has committments from:
    4-5* Ohio DE Steve Miller
    4-5* Ohio DE Kenny Hayes

3* Ohio safety Ronald Tanner should be committing soon and 4-5* QB Braxton Miller should be a Buckeye before his senior year starts. Expect Ohio State and the Big Ten in general to have very good classes this year... this is probably the most loaded that Ohio has been since 2002.

(All stars are just a rough estimate right now from watch lists, expert opinions, etc.)
  • Woy
    RIP West
    • Dec 2008

You jerk, I was going to do this.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Sportsbuck
      Buckeye For Life
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Woy
      You jerk, I was going to do this.
      Ha thought I'd steal your thunder.

Comment

• Sharkweather
        • Jul 2009

Nick Marshall.

nom nom nom

Comment

• NAHSTE
          Probably owns the site
          • Feb 2009

LOL nice. LSU is off to a great start and the class of 11 might be the best in Louisiana history.

Already got some big time commits, including huge RB Kenny Hilliard (Dalton's nephew and the most amazing RB to come out of LA in some time), two other big time RBs from Louisiana, DT Anthony "Freak" Johnson, OT La'El Collins (probable 5-star and #1 player in the state right now), and big time WR Jarvis Landry.

Probably the fastest start in LSU history, resembles a Texas class with all the early in-state commits.
          Last edited by NAHSTE; 02-04-2010, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• Argath
            $2 whore
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE13
            La'El Collins
            He has to be black.

How do you even pronounce that? much less think of something like that for a name. It's like they weren't sure whether he would be a boy or a girl, so they named him feminine and masculine just to be on the safe side.

Jesus Christ some people are retarded.

Comment

• goDawgs1433
              Silver Britches
              • Mar 2009

Georgia's off to a pretty decent start, too...commits from

4* S Corey Moore (5.7-5.8 RR type kid), not overly fast for a safety - Griffin, GA
              4* CB/S Chris Sanders (More like a 5.9 or 6.0 RR), very good athlete - Tucker, GA

The in-state talent in GA next year is fucking ridiculous. Should have several 5* kids (Crowell, for sure).

Also hearing that probable 4* OT Watts Dantzler (6'7", 313 lbs) is a silent to UGA.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                Probably owns the site
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by goDawgs1433
                Georgia's off to a pretty decent start, too...commits from

4* S Corey Moore (5.7-5.8 RR type kid), not overly fast for a safety - Griffin, GA
                4* CB/S Chris Sanders (More like a 5.9 or 6.0 RR), very good athlete - Tucker, GA

The in-state talent in GA next year is fucking ridiculous. Should have several 5* kids (Crowell, for sure).

Also hearing that probable 4* OT Watts Dantzler (6'7", 313 lbs) is a silent to UGA.
                USC off to a fast start.....for 2015

Comment

• jHammack
                  Noob
                  • Feb 2009

Pryor did that too.. I think his was at 15 though. He verbally committed to play basketball at Pitt, but then things changed a whole lot after that time and as we all know he is now at OSU playing football.

Things change in years, this kid will probably change his mind as well.

13 years old, jesus.

Comment

• jHammack
                    Noob
                    • Feb 2009

Pitt doesn't have any commits yet, but I think they'll have another solid class.

I really want Pitt to steal LB Trey DePriest from Ohio State (which I've read is up in his top as well as Pitt, VT, Bama, and Cincy) and get the Tight End Ben Koyack (Oil City, PA) to commit. Without Byham/Dickerson, Pitt needs the next Tight End. Koyack is a pretty good athlete and has great size (6'5-230 4.65 40 from Scout). Maika Polamalu is a big name that will probably surface around in Penn State/Pitt message boards for awhile. Cousin of Troy Polamalu so he's going to have some hype. Scout has him listed at Running Back, but 40 times (4.65) aren't too great.

Pitt's been recruiting NJ, DC, VA pretty well over the last couple of years so I'd like to see who they get out of this years class. Last year it was Lewis and Graham out of NJ and this year it was TJ Clemmings plus a couple of other solid players.

Comment

• packersfan4eva
                      Ryan Luxem
                      • Dec 2008

Indiana's going to have a shit year as always. Will probably get mostly 2 star recruits with a handful of 3 star recruits.

Originally posted by Miggyfan99
                      I would get fucked in the ass for WS tickets too... only if Miguel was playing though

Comment

• Sportsbuck
                        Buckeye For Life
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by jHammack
                        I really want Pitt to steal LB Trey DePriest from Ohio State (which I've read is up in his top as well as Pitt, VT, Bama, and Cincy) and get the Tight End Ben Koyack (Oil City, PA) to commit. Without Byham/Dickerson, Pitt needs the next Tight End. Koyack is a pretty good athlete and has great size (6'5-230 4.65 40 from Scout). Maika Polamalu is a big name that will probably surface around in Penn State/Pitt message boards for awhile. Cousin of Troy Polamalu so he's going to have some hype. Scout has him listed at Running Back, but 40 times (4.65) aren't too great.
                        Depriest is a OSU/Bama battle right now.

Koyack was a Buckeye lean but Penn State has made up ground and he said the two are dead even.

Comment

• jHammack
                          Noob
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Sportsbuck
                          Depriest is a OSU/Bama battle right now.

Koyack was a Buckeye lean but Penn State has made up ground and he said the two are dead even.
                          Like I said, I'd like to see Pitt steal Depriest. On Koyack, I've read a lot on different message boards that he still has interest in Pitt. You might be right about him leaning towards one of those though, I'm not really sure.

Originally posted by DaMMplaymaker
                          Maika is a beast, I have the pleasure of seeing his team play every week at pottsgrove, there quarterback is also a big time propect who will play RB in college as he is to small to play qb at the d-1 level, I know West Virginia is looking at Chestnut. There coach has ties to WV he played there under Bowden and stuff. Pottsgrove runs a Wing T offense and was one of the best in the state this year they fell short in the playoffs last year.
                          Where does Maika play on defense and do you think he's better suited on defense than at RB?

Comment

• Sportsbuck
                            Buckeye For Life
                            • Dec 2008

OSU picks up committs from the following in the past 2 days:

OL Chris Carter
                            OL Antonio Underwood
                            OL Brian Bobeck
                            CB Derjuan Gambrell
                            OL/DL Chase Farris
                            Last edited by Sportsbuck; 03-16-2010, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Working...