X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kuzzy Powers
    Beautiful Like Moses
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Argath
    I coulda swore the Rockets owned his rights and had him playing D-league ball
    Nah he was traded to the Kings last year.. eventually waived, and then signed to the Raptors this off-season.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
      Beautiful Like Moses
      • Oct 2008

word is they're moving him to point and making vasquez the starting SG, so I'm assuming he's working on his point guard skills
      LOL.. nah the plan isnt to start Mayo at the point.. the plan was to have him run point in the summer league because he insisted he could spell Conley at the point and wanted to prove it and grow as a player. But hes looked hideous in the summer league, lol. Id be shocked if Vazquez started this early without really showing something in the pre-season. Conley will be the point, Mayo will be the 2 guard.
      Last edited by Kuzzy Powers; 07-14-2010, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• A Tasty Burgerr
        ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
        Hoopshype doesnt show any contract details.. but I thought we owned his rights. Not sure if something will be worked out for him to play with us this year.
        Shamsports is probably the best public-access salary site for future reference, hoopshype is full of all sorts of shit.

They've got him making 800,000 this year with a team option next year.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
          Beautiful Like Moses
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by A Tasty Burgerr
          Shamsports is probably the best public-access salary site for future reference, hoopshype is full of all sorts of shit.

They've got him making 800,000 this year with a team option next year.
          Good looks.

Comment

• Sportsbuck
            Buckeye For Life
            • Dec 2008

JJ Hickson dropped 34 on the Suns

Comment

• Argath
              $2 whore
              • Apr 2009

john wall sucks

The NBAs jamarcus russell

Comment

• Archer
                Go the fuck outside
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Illmatic
                How are the Raptors doing? I watched the first game when they ran through the Suns but after that haven't watched any more.

Looks like DeRozan is doing really well

Comment

• Archer
                  Go the fuck outside
                  • Oct 2008

Top 10 Rookies in the Summer League so far

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                    Beautiful Like Moses
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Illmatic
                    How are the Raptors doing? I watched the first game when they ran through the Suns but after that haven't watched any more.
                    Balling! But its just the summer league. The positive I will take from it is DeRozan's play tho.. especially running the floor.

Comment

• Point Blank
                      Needs a hobby
                      • Oct 2008

Dominique Jones has been.

He had 28pts last night against Washington. Can't wait to watch the replay later.

Comment

• ralaw
                        Posts too much
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Point Blank
                        Dominique Jones has been.

He had 28pts last night against Washington. Can't wait to watch the replay later.
                        I watched that game last night. Jones was surely getting his, but Jeremy Lin from Harvard was ballin' as well. There was a moment in the 4th when you could tell he was getting on Wall's nerves.

Anyways, watching Wall only solidifies my belief that he'l be an elite PG very soon. However, he needs to develop that jumper.

Comment

• Argath
                          $2 whore
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ralaw
                          I watched that game last night. Jones was surely getting his, but Jeremy Lin from Harvard was ballin' as well. There was a moment in the 4th when you could tell he was getting on Wall's nerves.

Anyways, watching Wall only solidifies my belief that he'l be an elite PG very soon. However, he needs to develop that jumper.
                          He also needs to work on his decision making. He's been havin way too many turnovers off of dumb passes. He's trying too hard to get the highlight reel play, he just needs to make the solid safe play every now and then.

Comment

• Argath
                            $2 whore
                            • Apr 2009

Reggie Williams out of VMI <3

Comment

• ralaw
                              Posts too much
                              • Feb 2009

He also needs to work on his decision making. He's been havin way too many turnovers off of dumb passes. He's trying too hard to get the highlight reel play, he just needs to make the solid safe play every now and then.
                              Yeah, I've been watching him for a while as he's my favorite young player to come into the league in a while, and he's always had that problem. He tends to rely on his athleticism and speed too much and has too much faith it them. He can get where ever he wants on the court, but he tends to force passes or shots; however, this is what he's always done. I think last night though he tried harder to watch his turnovers, which I was happy to see.

Comment

• Argath
                                $2 whore
                                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ralaw
                                Yeah, I've been watching him for a while as he's my favorite young player to come into the league in a while, and he's always had that problem. He tends to rely on his athleticism and speed too much and has too much faith it them. He can get where ever he wants on the court, but he tends to force passes or shots; however, this is what he's always done. I think last night though he tried harder to watch his turnovers, which I was happy to see.
                                If he can limit his turnovers he can be a top5 PG in the league in the next 3 years easily, regardless of his jumper.

See: Rajon Rondo

Edit: In fact, his entire game reminds me of rondo now that I think about it. The jumpers are identical, the speed, the athleticism, decision making when coming into the league. It's like 2 clones.

Comment

Working...