X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FirstTimer
    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Bulls Sign Ronnie Brewer

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Bulls agreed to a deal with unrestricted free-agent shooting guard Ronnie Brewer.

It's a three-year deal worth $12.5 million, although the third year is not guaranteed.

Brewer, 25, began last season with the Utah Jazz before being dealt to the Memphis Grizzlies near the trade deadline. He played five games with the Grizzlies before suffering a season-ending hamstring injury.

He averaged nine points and three rebounds last season after averaging 13.7 points during the 2008-09 season.

Brewer is the third former Jazz member to join the Bulls this offseason, joining Carlos Boozer and Kyle Korver.

The Bulls turned their attention to Brewer after the Orlando Magic matched the Bulls' offer sheet to J.J. Redick.

Meh...

Don't like Brewer all that much. Kid couldn't hit the broadside of a barn from three.
  • Kuzzy Powers
    Beautiful Like Moses
    • Oct 2008

Good price for him tho. Very good defender who has some hops and has worked hard on the mid-range game. He actually hits the shot at a very efficient rate. Doesnt have the 3-ball but im a big fan of his and think he will fit in nicely as a contrast to Korver. Chicago is building Utah-lite out there in Illinois.

Comment

• USCChifan
      All-Star
      • Oct 2009

Good signing but he's not a legit starter at the 2. Apparently it's a longshot, but I'd love Rudy Fernandez to be a Bull.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
        Beautiful Like Moses
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by USCChifan
        Good signing but he's not a legit starter at the 2. Apparently it's a longshot, but I'd love Rudy Fernandez to be a Bull.
        Why isnt he a legit starter at the 2? Hes a great defender and has a career shooting percentage around .500, which is very good for a 2-guard. He doesnt take bad shots, and isnt a liability in any facet of the game.. just dont ask him to hit a 3 ball. The guy had a rough go at it last year but hes been a solid starter for Utah in the past. I would've loved him in Toronto.

Comment

• FirstTimer
          Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
          Why isnt he a legit starter at the 2? Hes a great defender and has a career shooting percentage around .500, which is very good for a 2-guard. He doesnt take bad shots, and isnt a liability in any facet of the game.. just dont ask him to hit a 3 ball. The guy had a rough go at it last year but hes been a solid starter for Utah in the past. I would've loved him in Toronto.
          Asked and answered.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
            Beautiful Like Moses
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by FirstTimer
            Asked and answered.
            LOL.. we need a defensive presence on the wing desperately. Brewer would've brought that. You guys will be pleasantly surprised by him, im sure of it. His numbers arent flashy (altho he should be near the top of the league in steals) but he gets the job done.

Comment

• FirstTimer
              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
              LOL.. we need a defensive presence on the wing desperately. Brewer would've brought that. You guys will be pleasantly surprised by him, im sure of it. His numbers arent flashy (altho he should be near the top of the league in steals) but he gets the job done.
              I guess ESPN 1000 just reported that the Bulls are going after Rudy Fernandez via trade.

I'd love that move.

Comment

• A Tasty Burgerr
                ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
                • Oct 2008

I would say he is a starting-quality 2 on some teams, but not when your other wings are career 24% and 31% 3 point shooters.

Comment

Working...