X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

It was a fun documentary.

Any docs out there about the 1980s Georgetown bball teams?

Comment

• NAHSTE
      Probably owns the site
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF

I want to say there's one about Villanova upsetting them in the tournament, that's as close as I cant think of. It covers the whole "Hoya paranoia" thing in great detail.

Comment

• ralaw
        Posts too much
        • Feb 2009

I enjoyed it as well. They did a good job of describing the infuence they had on basketball as well as culture as a whole. Well done.

Comment

• FirstTimer
          Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Really awesome show.

Thought they did a great job going over the Webber TO stuff in the NC Game. Interesting that to this day theyd on't talk about it.

Would have been insane if they had beat UNC and all come out for the draft together. That was really a cool moment to hear that they had talked about that plan.

Really great show. Easily one of the best 30 for 30 has done..if not the best.

Comment

• jeffx
            • Jun 2009

Wonderful, eye-opening program. And it reminds me why I can't stand the NCAA and their shills in the media.

Has anyone seen the show about Tark?

Comment

• DJ Rhude
              #42 G.O.A.T.
              • Feb 2009

Great show, I remember pulling for them hard even though I wasn't a Michigan fan....Love the way Rose kept it 100 throughout the interview

Comment

• shag773
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF

Originally posted by NAHSTE
                I want to say there's one about Villanova upsetting them in the tournament, that's as close as I cant think of. It covers the whole "Hoya paranoia" thing in great detail.
                I think HBO did a doc on this a couple years ago..

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Mogriffjr
                  funny...Duke was recruiting Webber hard...but Duke doesn't recruit inner city kids....
                  He went to a private school...dude's an Uncle Tom, but he got together with some real thugs and the G came out of C-Webb.

Jalen was a real G though...dude talked mad smack about Duke. I went from not liking him to loving dude after this. Dude had that 'Cane swagger.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                    Probably owns the site
                    • Feb 2009

I am pissed I missed out on this. I have to wait until it re-airs on Monday now. I feel like the one guy at the water cooler who never saw the current hit movie and has to wait until it hits DVD.

Comment

• Pills
                      Go Blue!
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      He went to a private school...dude's an Uncle Tom, but he got together with some real thugs and the G came out of C-Webb.

Jalen was a real G though...dude talked mad smack about Duke. I went from not liking him to loving dude after this. Dude had that 'Cane swagger.
                      I remember when we beat OSU in the Elite 8, a LOT of people went down to South U., one of the main streets near campus, and where people would, for some reason, gather for things sports related. It's where I was tear-gassed in my first weekend as a college student due to a Michigan-ND fight.

It was fun to be among a few thousand people chanting "We want Duke!". Everyone was looking past Cincinnati. We wanted to avenge that loss; wasn't meant to be, obviously.
                      UglyChristmasLights.com - Celebrating 10 years with the 2011 collection!

Comment

• Sharkweather
                        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by shag773
                        I think HBO did a doc on this a couple years ago..
                        Perfect Upset: The 1985 Villanova vs. Georgetown NCAA Championship (TV 2005) - IMDb

Originally posted by jeffx
                        Has anyone seen the show about Tark?
                        Just watched this one, it was just as good as the Fab 5.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                          Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Here ya go Nahste.

Credit to Zackattack in the LR.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G3W2tgRqc4&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G3W2tgRqc4&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

• Tengo Juego
                            Posts a lot
                            • Jun 2009

I really want a pair of these now.

Comment

• Herm
                              Boomshakalaka
                              • Oct 2008

this made me really miss the 90s nba`

Comment

• Senser81
                                VSN Poster of the Year
                                • Feb 2009

Had this on my DVR and watched it last night. It was really good. I enjoyed the grade school footage of Chris Webber blocking shots from chubby white kids who barely were as tall as his waist, and then Webber takes the ball and dunks it. Jalen Rose getting clotheslined in the public league game was awesome, too.

The one issue I did have was with the UNC title game. If you look closely at the footage, Webber tries to call time out immediately when he gets the rebound, but the ref shrugs him off because he doesn't want to call a technical. When Webber doesn't get the time out, he's confused, so he takes a step and then starts dribbling (but no travel called). He then almost purposely dribbles into the corner and starts calling timeout again. To then say he called timeout because that's what the bench told him to do doesn't jive...he was going to call timeout no matter what.

Comment

Working...