X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave
    Go the fuck outside
    • Oct 2008

Rick Reilly is right, the Heat (so far) are making the haters wrong

Are the Miami Heat actually living up to the hype? It pains Rick Reilly to admit it, but it's true.

I gotta admit, I was one of the haters. But the Heat are doing exactly what they expected to do. I am a Raptors' fan, but I had no issue with Bosh going to Miami. He gave Toronto what he could and clearly the Raptors will never be a title contender, Bosh had every right to take his talents to South Beach.
    But I hated how LeBron did it. It just felt so wrong.
    Now...
    Not so much.
    No one can deny this decision has worked. James and Wade on the same team is pretty much unstoppable. Then you throw Bosh in the mix on nights when the two superstars are having an off game. Ugh.

At the end of the day, LeBron James was right to do what he did ... even if he did it the wrong way.
    My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts
  • s@ppisgod
    No longer a noob
    • Apr 2011

I never got the LeBron hate. The "Decision" was a dumb move but it was feuled every bit as much by ESPN, the media, etc as it was by his ego. Fact is, he re-signed with a crap Cleveland franchise once even though they gave him crap like Donyell Marshall and Larry Hughes and a way past his prime Shaq to try and win a championship. It reminds me of KG, and Minny bringing in a headcase Spree and a falling apart Sam Cassell and expecting him to truly contend with the Lakers.

And it went down about how it was expected. They wouldn't dominate for 65-70 wins, people would overreact every time they lost, and then they'd hit their stride and be tough in the playoffs. The only thing that surprises me is that they're this good defensively already. They had nice parts, but I thought it would take more time for them to play team defense this well.
    SAMSUNG-SGH-A887/A887UCIJ1 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1

Comment

• EmpireWF
      Giants in the Super Bowl
      • Mar 2009

As long as he wins a championship, there's nothing anyone can say (unless MJ or KB do since they won a bunch).

Comment

• Juggernaut
        Sitting on the Sidelines
        • Dec 2008

The only thing I had a problem with was that they signed all 3 of them. If it was just LeBron/Wade then I would have been fine with the decision. Single superstars have changed teams, but I can't remember when 2 top players signed with a team where there was one star in place already.

Comment

• NAHSTE
          Probably owns the site
          • Feb 2009

The thing is if the Heat do beat Chicago in the series it will just make America root against them more. There's no reason any non-Heat "fan" should be rooting against Dallas/Dirk.

Comment

• manchild24
            Kyle got fired
            • Nov 2008

Im still a hater and will be. I have no problem with what LeBron (the way he did it is another thing) and I still think Bosh stepped in shit with this entire deal.

Comment

Working...