X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Senser81
    VSN Poster of the Year
    • Feb 2009

Game 3 of 1991 ECF between Pistons/Bulls

This was on the NBA channel the other day...made for some interesting viewing. The first half of the game was just the NBC broadcast. For some reason, the 2nd half of the game was the NBC broadcast but with the Pistons radio audio feed. This led to some great pro-Pistons comments:

*Jordan goes up for a jump shot, Salley is trailing and runs over Jordan while Jordan is in the air. Whistle blows. Piston announcer: "Jordan has been getting all the calls this series!"

*Late in the game, Paxson is dribbling out the clock when Rodman jumps Paxson from behind and punches Paxson in the throat. Minor scrum ensues. Rodman called for a flagrant foul. Piston announcer: "You have to wonder what the ref is thinking for calling a flagrant foul at this stage of the game!"

Watching the game, the Pistons looked woefully old. Thomas was still good, but their 2nd best offensive player was Vinnie Johnson. Laimbeer only played a small part of the game, and when he was on the bench the frontcourt of James Edwards, John Salley, and Dennis Rodman contributed absolutely nothing offensively. The most disappointing player to watch was Mark Aguirre. The guy was terrible, and quite a few cheap shots. For some reason, Daly had him guarding Scottie Pippen, and Pippen just blew by him every time.
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

One of the few series where I rooted for Jordan.

The Pistons have had unlikable teams for nearly 30 years now.

Comment

• NAHSTE
      Probably owns the site
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
      The Pistons have had unlikable teams for nearly 30 years now.
      DEEEEEEEE-TROIT BASKETBALL!

Comment

• Esjay
        Luck2Hilton
        • Feb 2009

Fuck the Pistons.

I love watching these old games on NBATV though. I wish NFL Network showed more of this stuff.

Comment

Working...