Clear All
  • FirstTimer
    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Game 5 1991 NBA Finals: Bulls beat Lakers

In honor of this thread:

----------------------------------------
    Great game to watch.

LA spent most of the 2nd half doubling Jordan. Guys like Pippen and Paxson stepped up huge and Paxson was absolutely on fire in the 4th quarter.

It was really odd to see the celebration on the court after the game. Fans running onto the floor, Jack Nicholson congratulating Phil Jackson near midcourt etc. The Bulls ran to the locker room, said an Our Father than proceeded to party.

Bob Costas interviewing MJ in the locker room was lulz worthy for one moment: MJ was sitting there with his dad and his wife and Costas said it was his dad and mom.....then when called out on the mistake by MJ, Costas blamed the hat Juanita was wearing.

I found it incredibly odd that down the stretch of the game that the Lakers were leaning on Sam Perkins to score. I suppose not having Worthy or Scott to score didn't help but Magic really didn't seem to try and take the game over.
  • red33
    • Feb 2009

i was i think in 6th grade when this happened maybe 7th. i remember 2 things..

1- jordan doing the layup where he switches hands.

2- after the finals i just happened to where a LA Laker championship t shirt from the 80s the next day to school.

Comment

• zack54attack
      Posts a lot
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by red33
      i was i think in 6th grade when this happened maybe 7th. i remember 2 things..

1- jordan doing the layup where he switches hands.

2- after the finals i just happened to where a LA Laker championship t shirt from the 80s the next day to school.
      That was game 2.

Comment

• red33
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by zack54attack
        That was game 2.
        yea i knew it was some game in the beginning.

Comment

Working...