X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Drazen Petrovic

What a bad ass player. Died at the peak of his stardom. I have many memories of sneaking out my parents car and heading up the Jersey Turnpike as a teenager to go see the Kenny Anderson/Derrick Coleman/Chris Morris/Drazen Nets.

Silky smooth shooter, known as "Euro Jordan", but his game was more like Bird to me.

Dude had the sickest pump fake of all time. Check out 1:21 for the best one.

Also, watch him beat Scottie Pippen, one of the best on the ball defenders of all time, coast to coast at 0:44.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPrLL5-YGDo"]Drazen Petrovic ~ New Jersey Nets days - YouTube[/ame]
  • ralaw
    Posts too much
    • Feb 2009

I was young, but I remember watching those Nets teams. Manu Ginoboli reminds me a lot of him.

Comment

• Herm
      Boomshakalaka
      • Oct 2008

damn i love 90s NBA, my favorite era of any sport so far in my life.

Comment

• dj_morton
        • Jan 2010

Did ESPN do one of those 1 hr specials on him and Vlade? That was pretty good

Comment

• Mogriffjr
          aka Reece
          • Apr 2009

Drazen was so sick...I was young but when we moved to NJ, I caught the Net games on TV (rare times it was)...I was only about 7 but loved Petrovic and became a Net fan. (I began to start trying to become a 3pt shooter).

He was VERY consistent and as a SG, averaging over 50% FG's and around 45% 3pt is absurd and silly...his pump fake was sick because it was exact form of his shot (which was lightning quick as well).
          Originally posted by Nick Mangold
          Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

• NAHSTE
            Probably owns the site
            • Feb 2009

Didn't know much about him until I saw a bunch of his footage in that 30 for 30 about himself and Vlade, but he was pretty awesome. Such a tragedy what happened.

edit- just watched the highlight. What he does to Pippen at :44 is just abusive.

Comment

Working...