Kendrick Perkins went on a hunger strike during the lockout?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBucs
    Unpretentious
    • May 2009

Kendrick Perkins went on a hunger strike during the lockout?

• EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

the fuck? he looks like a guard.

Comment

• Argath
      $2 whore
      • Apr 2009

????

Comment

• TheImmortalGoud
        No longer a noob
        • Jan 2011

Kendrick Perkins lost 32 lbs this offseason, and says he feels "100 percent" healthy.

As we've noted before, you can tell he lost weight just by looking at him. He is still easing himself back into things, but this confirms the upbeat reports we heard over the past few months. His impact on the Thunder will far exceed his impact on fantasy leagues, but he's still a viable low-end option for blocks and rebounds.

Comment

• Juggernaut
          Sitting on the Sidelines
          • Dec 2008

Why would he do that? He was the only one who could guard Dwight because of his ability to get physical. He looks like any other pf now.

Comment

• Rudi
            #CyCueto
            • Nov 2008

lol hes gunna get pushed around like a lil bitch now

Comment

• BigBucs
              Unpretentious
              • May 2009

Big Baby done hit the gym hard as well but he actually doesnt look as gaunt as KP

Comment

• Villain
                [REDACTED]
                • May 2011

[REDACTED]

Comment

• NAHSTE
                  Probably owns the site
                  • Feb 2009

Smoove lost 25 lbs.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE

Smoove lost 25 lbs.
                    If I was a Hawks fan I'd be pissed. Even more of a reason for him to stand away from the basket and chuck up terrible jumpers.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                      Beautiful Like Moses
                      • Oct 2008

Not sure why all these guys are trying to lose their bulk.. guess they had nothing better to do include more cardio into their regiments to go with the weight training. Not sure why Perkins or Smoove would want to get smaller, altho I understand Perk may be doing it for durability reasons, it also takes away from one of his biggest strengths.

Big Baby also looks ridiculous, guess hes not a Small forward..

Comment

• FirstTimer
                        Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
                        Not sure why all these guys are trying to lose their bulk.. guess they had nothing better to do include more cardio into their regiments to go with the weight training. Not sure why Perkins or Smoove would want to get smaller, altho I understand Perk may be doing it for durability reasons, it also takes away from one of his biggest strengths.

Big Baby also looks ridiculous, guess hes not a Small forward..
                        Depending on the training it migh tb more functional weight too. Perk wanted to get back down to 275(where he was with the Celtics) from the 300 he was in the playoffs last season. He ended up in the mid to upper 260's. Even if he puts on another 8-10 pounds to 275 he's not looking like he did at 275 with the C's. I think he is carrying a better/more slim looking weight. Muscle weights more than fat, yada yada yada.

The bigger issue to me is what he can still lift etc at this weight. If he is just as strong then it's not really an issue.

Comment

• ralaw
                          Posts too much
                          • Feb 2009

It makes sense for Josh Smith, as IMO he was starting to look really heavy out there. As for Perkins and Davis IDK. Davis' style is pure hustle, so it may still work. Perkins? OKC needs his girth, so it will be interesting to see how that works out. Either way I'm sure they all feel better and will play better because of it.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                            Probably owns the site
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FirstTimer
                            If I was a Hawks fan I'd be pissed. Even more of a reason for him to stand away from the basket and chuck up terrible jumpers.
                            Eh, we'll see. I think the two are not mutually exclusive. I think his shot selection is poor because he's stubborn and careless, not because he's afraid to bang. He needs to improve the mental aspect of his game regardless of how he looks physically.

He has an underrated ability to drive to the basket so if this makes him quicker on dribble drives and he attacks the bucket more, so be it. This might make him quicker on help defense too, which is how he is most effective on that end. As ralaw said, he was starting to look a little heavy last year, especially in his lower body.

Either way, it's nice to see these players reshape their bodies during a lockout, while not getting paid for it. Kind of runs counter to the "NBA PLAYERS ARE LAZY AND DON'T CARE" line of thinking.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
                              Eh, we'll see. I think the two are not mutually exclusive. He has an underrated ability to drive to the basket so if this makes him quicker on dribble drives and he attacks the bucket more, so be it.

I think his shot selection is poor because he's stubborn and careless, not because he's afraid to bang. This might make him quicker on help defense too, which is how he is most effective on that end. As ralaw said, he was starting to look a little heavy, especially in his lower body.

Either way, it's nice to see these players reshape their bodies during a lockout, while not getting paid for it. Kind of runs counter to the "NBA PLAYERS ARE LAZY AND DON'T CARE" line of thinking.
                              He's easily one of the dumbest players I've ever watched.

Comment

Working...