X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RyanLeaf16
    #DoSomething
    • Feb 2009

Bucs Sign Derrick Ward

4 years $17 million, $6.5 million in guarantees this season. No word if it's a signing bonus or a roster bonus, workout bonus, LTBE incentive, etc.

Leaf
    Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008
  • AJay
    Fighter of the Nightman
    • Oct 2008

Jacobs - Ward combo is similar to a Graham - Ward combo so I could see this working out well for Ward and the Bucs.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
      #DoSomething
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Random Hero
      Decent signing on their choice. Cadillac always seems to get injured.
      Earnest Graham is the starter. Caddy/Dunn were the backups. Graham is the power, always moving forward and pumping his legs, etc. It will be a nice duo in the backfield of Graham and Ward. I am really excited about this signing.

With Clifton Smith about to get some reps at running back, Caddy is likely done in Tampa.

Leaf
      Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008

Comment

• dave
        Go the fuck outside
        • Oct 2008

Good move by the Bucs.
        My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Point Blank
          Needs a hobby
          • Oct 2008

Good move by the Bucs.

Comment

• Tailback U
            No substitute 4 strength.
            • Nov 2008

So who do you pick fantasy wise?

Comment

• steeljake
              6 rings...
              • Oct 2008

this is a smart move by the bucs and for a lot less $$$ than i thought ward would be looking for.

23:33 OnlyOneBeerLeft: jake nobody listens to you aint you supposed to die from cancer or somethin soon?

Comment

• f16harm
                -
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by RyanLeaf16
                Earnest Graham is the starter. Caddy/Dunn were the backups. Graham is the power, always moving forward and pumping his legs, etc. It will be a nice duo in the backfield of Graham and Ward. I am really excited about this signing.

With Clifton Smith about to get some reps at running back, Caddy is likely done in Tampa.

Leaf
                I'd guess Caddy is finally done for good. If he isn't, I give the guy credit for not giving up, after a 4th knee injury in my college/pro career I wouldn't have the strength to go at it a 5th time.

Good signing for the Bucs.

Comment

• -Ray27Rice-
                  Noob
                  • Jan 2009

This is a great signing by the Bucs, but I think he could've been a starter with someone else. By signing with the Bucs, he would be in the same role he would've been with the Giants.

Comment

• f16harm
                    -
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by B-More Fan09
                    This is a great signing by the Bucs, but I think he could've been a starter with someone else. By signing with the Bucs, he would be in the same role he would've been with the Giants.
                    IMO, until the next new "in" thing to do on offense comes along, I think the days as a true #1 RB with a majority of the carries is over. I believe that NFL teams have realized the strain and durability concerns with the old system now that defensive players are getting bigger and faster each year. I see most teams going with a 1(a) and 1(b) system.

Comment

• Mit
                      very nice..how much?
                      • Dec 2008

Pretty good deal, I think. A Graham-Ward combo seems pretty nice, as most teams run the 2 RB offensive system.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

Ward is a pretty good back...not sure if last year's explosion was a direct result of a very good OL (probably was), but Ward, after being a 1,000 yard back (over 5yds/car), was had on the cheap. I figured he'd get close to Burner Turner money ($15M in guaranteed money).

Comment

Working...