X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ralaw
    Posts too much
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Archer
    I agree that you need stars to draw a larger audience but at this point I'd rather personally see young guys who care over people like Howard and Griffin barely trying to do anything but still winning.

I'd like nothing more then LBJ, Howard, Griffin and Rose/Westbrook in a contest where all four are going hard.

Add Paul George or I'm not interested.
    IMO the dunk contest has become too gimmicky. I like stars being in the contest, but I don't like the gimmick crap such as Dwight Howard's superman or retarded props. I don't know what it is, but guys in the 80's and 90s seemed more creative dunkers. Could it be just that all of the great dunks have already been done?......IDK.

Comment

• James2Stapleton
      william melvin hicks
      • Mar 2009

that was boring, where was Derozan?
      ducka ducka ducka

Comment

• G-men
        Posts too much
        • Nov 2011

So who won...?

Comment

• FUSE
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by G-Men
          So who won...?
          Jeremy Evans. Only decent dunk he did was dunking two balls at once after a teammate tossed them up to him while sitting down. The other 2 he did sucked. Dunk Contest was boring

Comment

• jaxjaggywires
            Eradicator!!
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ralaw
            IMO the dunk contest has become too gimmicky. I like stars being in the contest, but I don't like the gimmick crap such as Dwight Howard's superman or retarded props. I don't know what it is, but guys in the 80's and 90s seemed more creative dunkers. Could it be just that all of the great dunks have already been done?......IDK.
            Uh...yeah. Without props or theatrics, what else is there to do dunkwise? Backflips? This ain't NBA Jam...even NBA-level athletes are only capable of so much physically.

If people think leaping over another player is too played out, what the hell are these guys supposed to do without props and shit?

Here's an idea for next year...add a defender. Don't make it just a dude dunking, make him actually have to beat a guy trying to block him. Get Howard and Ibaka out there, and make these guys jam over them.
            ...in my pants
            Fred Taylor for the HOF!
            Facebook - Twitter

Comment

• Point Blank
              Needs a hobby
              • Oct 2008

The dunk contest is just not the same anymore.

Comment

• FUSE
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by jaxjaggywires
                Here's an idea for next year...add a defender. Don't make it just a dude dunking, make him actually have to beat a guy trying to block him. Get Howard and Ibaka out there, and make these guys jam over them.
                Not a bad idea

Comment

• ZoneBlitz
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jaxjaggywires
                  Atrocious idea.

It would look something like this:

Comment

• Rudi
                    #CyCueto
                    • Nov 2008

That shit was asscheeks. I was dyin after Evans first dunk when Iggy gave him a ZERO

Comment

Working...