• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rudi
    #CyCueto
    • Nov 2008

Baylor Basketball In trouble

Uh ohz.

Combined, the men's and women's basketball programs sent 738 impermissible text messages and made 528 impermissible calls over a span of nearly two-and-a-half years.
    SOURCE
  • Senser81
    VSN Poster of the Year
    • Feb 2009

Did they combine the men's and women's programs because they weren't sure of Brittney Griner's gender?

Makes ZERO sense.

Comment

• Irish
      do you see my jesus chain
      • Oct 2008

I for one am shocked that an athletic program that spent so many years in the bottom half of most major sports and then saw a sudden surge in dominance over those sports, and that foul play maybe was a reason for the athletic programs rising the ranks.

Shocked I say.

Comment

• ralaw
        Posts too much
        • Feb 2009

Replace the program name with any program and I wouldn't be surprised. It has been strange that the Baylor men have all of a sudden had a surge of top recruits commit to the program; however, I doubt this would be the only reason.

Comment

• Senser81
          VSN Poster of the Year
          • Feb 2009

I assume Baylor is getting the guys that Oklahoma St., Oklahoma, Texas (Rick Barnes!), and Texas A&M used to get. Some of these Big12 schools that used to be good at basketball aren't nearly as good now.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
            My Aunt Ida Smokes.
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
            Did they combine the men's and women's programs because they weren't sure of Brittney Griner's gender?

Makes ZERO sense.
            They combined them because women always have to stand behind a man.

FEMINISM

Originally posted by Senser81
            I assume Baylor is getting the guys that Oklahoma St., Oklahoma, Texas (Rick Barnes!), and Texas A&M used to get. Some of these Big12 schools that used to be good at basketball aren't nearly as good now.
            Every coach in the B12 hates Scott Drew and it's not because of his in-game strategy...

Comment

• ralaw
              Posts too much
              • Feb 2009

Drew Is pretty bad as a coach......other than some off the court things I really don't know why a top recruit would want to play for him. He's done nothing with the talent he's brought in. Perry Jones lost a lot fo money.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

I live in College Station and travel all over the heart of Big 12 country, and brnt is right. Everybody universally dislikes not only Drew, but also womens coach Mulkey, and Baylor in general. There has definitely been a slimeball element there and everybody pretty much knew something like this was coming.

Drew in particular draws the ire of sports talk heads in every city in the Big 12.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                  My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                  I live in College Station and travel all over the heart of Big 12 country, and brnt is right. Everybody universally dislikes not only Drew, but also womens coach Mulkey, and Baylor in general. There has definitely been a slimeball element there and everybody pretty much knew something like this was coming.

Drew in particular draws the ire of sports talk heads in every city in the Big 12.
                  Not only those two, but Baylor did a bang-up job when they hired Deputy Asshole Briles in football. Briles is actually solid at Xs and Os, though.

Those weird Baptists certainly have a type and they love to hire them.

Comment

Working...