X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rudi
    #CyCueto
    • Nov 2008

Expelled Xavier Star Dez Wells Enrolls At Maryland

Wells was going to be a big part of Xavier's team this year...I know he was looking at Kentucky, Louisville, OSU to name a few. Ended up at Maryland.

The next step in the career of former Xavier forward Dezmine Wells will come in a Maryland uniform.

Wells, who was expelled from Xavier last month, announced Tuesday that he will enroll at Maryland.

An All-Atlantic 10 rookie selection last season, Wells was expelled from Xavier as a result of sexual assault charges that were rejected last week by a grand jury. The series of events triggered a chain of official visits, as Wells sought to pick his next school.

"The last couple of weeks have been the toughest time in my life for my family and I," Wells said in a release. "I've learned that it is a major responsibility that comes with being a student-athlete at all times. I'm thankful God has blessed me with a second opportunity to continue my education."

Wells made four official visits in five days and crisscrossed the country in search of a place he could play out his final three years of eligibility. He visited Kentucky, Memphis, Maryland and Oregon from Thursday to Monday night.

The next step in the process for Wells will be to enroll at Maryland. Because he was expelled from Xavier, he will need to petition the NCAA for immediate eligibility. One of two scenarios will play out -- Wells will win his appeal and become immediately eligible, or he will have to sit out this season.

If eligible, Wells would join a highly regarded Maryland recruiting class. Mark Turgeon landed the No. 18 overall class, which was constructed around center Shaquille Cleare and will feature small forward Jake Layman.

Prior to his dismissal, Wells was Xavier's top returning scorer at 9.8 points and 4.9 rebounds a game. He started 32 games as a freshman for the Musketeers.
    SOURCE: ESPN
  • Argath
    $2 whore
    • Apr 2009

Comment

Working...