• Chrispy
    Needs a hobby
    • Dec 2008

Give me Kemba

Comment

• ralaw
      Posts too much
      • Feb 2009

IMO this is an odd comparison, because they really don't play anything alike and Wall has been out all season, so we don't know whether he's improved or not. If everything is equal I'll take Wall as IMO he has a higher ceiling. Wall takes a lot of ridicule and I've even heard the world "bust" thrown around with him, which is laughable. Wall's issue is that he plays for a horrible franchise and shouldn't be your #1 option. Wall's game is more suited to be a #2 or #3 option, but where he would excel is playing alongside some established scorers or big men. In Washington he is forced to have to do everything.

Comment

• Argath
        $2 whore
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ralaw
        IMO this is an odd comparison, because they really don't play anything alike and Wall has been out all season, so we don't know whether he's improved or not. If everything is equal I'll take Wall as IMO he has a higher ceiling. Wall takes a lot of ridicule and I've even heard the world "bust" thrown around with him, which is laughable. Wall's issue is that he plays for a horrible franchise and shouldn't be your #1 option. Wall's game is more suited to be a #2 or #3 option, but where he would excel is playing alongside some established scorers or big men. In Washington he is forced to have to do everything.
        This

Comment

• A Tasty Burgerr
          ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
          • Oct 2008

At this point I wouldn't particularly want either to be my team's starting point guard. Wall (obviously) has ideal physical tools and can be an excellent playmaker. That being said he is shit at shooting the basketball and has turned the ball more than anyone in the league over his first two years. You can blame some things on a shitty supporting cast but that doesn't completely excuse the pretty gaping holes in his game.

Comment

• cf24
            WESTBROOK
            • Feb 2009

I haven't seen enough of Wall, seeing as how he plays for Washington, and I've only seen a handful of Bobcats games. I like what little I've seen of Kemba, though.

Comment

• DoubleDeuce
              Spellin' n' shit
              • Feb 2009

I personally don't think either player will ever be really good, but like ralaw said, Wall has a higher ceiling.

Even though Kemba hit that game winner the other day, his footwork on the play was GARBAGE!

Comment

• Matt
                No longer a noob
                • Jun 2012

This is first year Wall actually had players around him...ask again next year

Comment

• ralaw
                  Posts too much
                  • Feb 2009

This may sound insane to some, but I truly believe that if you put Wall on a team like the Celtics he'd put up Rondo type numbers.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                    Probably owns the site
                    • Feb 2009

This may sound insane to some, but I truly believe that if you put Wall on a team like the Celtics he'd put up Rondo type numbers.
                    Why would that be insane? Similar players. Hyperquick, impossible to stay in front of, and in Wall's case, improving the jumper will be the key to unlocking his potential. Obviously Rondo is a more "complete" and "true" point guard, but physically I think Wall can do everything Rondo can on the court.

Anyway, back to the original post, I like Kemba and all, but c'mon son.

Comment

• ralaw
                      Posts too much
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
                      Why would that be insane? Similar players. Hyperquick, impossible to stay in front of, and in Wall's case, improving the jumper will be the key to unlocking his potential. Obviously Rondo is a more "complete" and "true" point guard, but physically I think Wall can do everything Rondo can on the court.

Anyway, back to the original post, I like Kemba and all, but c'mon son.
                      The reason that I said that was because a lot of people have been down on Wall to the point that I've seen him labeled a "bust". Rondo is in the type of situation that I believe Wall would thrive in...... elite wing scorer, good big men, shooters, etc. Being that I live in NoVa and go to Wizards games I would love it if Wall stayed, but IMO for his career he should look to leave when his contract is up, because this team is just horrible and they have no clue on how to build around Wall's skills.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                        Probably owns the site
                        • Feb 2009

The reason that I said that was because a lot of people have been down on Wall to the point that I've seen him labeled a "bust".
                        Right, but that'd be their mistake. Way too early to give up on Wall.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

Wall...but, closer than the experts think RIGHT NOW.

Wall needs a surrounding cast before he makes any kind of jump.

Comment

Working...