Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinsane
    • Nov 2008

The B1G Ten Tournament

No. 8 Illinois vs. No. 9 Minnesota - This is a great match up to kick off the tournament. Both of these teams are extreme Wild Cards and both should make it to the big dance. I'm going to give the slight edge to the Illini though due to Minnesota's inconsistency.

No. 5 Michigan vs. No. 12 Penn State - Michigan a five seed? If you told me that would happen at the beginning of the season? I would have laughed. I believe that Michigan's collapse against Indiana re-motivated them and the Wolverines are going to come out hungry. No 12/5 upset here for the Nittany Lions. That team up North advances.

No. 7 Purdue vs. No. 10 Nebraska - Of course I'm watching this game with extra interest. The winner plays the Buckeyes. I'm going to give the nod here to Nebraska. Even though Purdue doesn't like to run I think the Cornhuskers will control the tempo and frustrate the Boilermakers. Purdont advance.

No. 6 Iowa vs. No. 11 Northwestern - Ho hum. Who cares? Hawkeyes advance.

------

This is where the tournament is going to get crazy...

No. 1 Indiana vs. No. 8 Illinois - I don't think the pressure is really on for the Hoosiers here. The first time as a #1 seed in the B1G Tournament shouldn't play into this game. Despite losing to the Illini earlier in the year the Hoosier's played a phenomenal game against them. If they can contain the guard play and let Zeller work down low Indiana should get by. Hoosiers advance.

No. 4 Wisconsin vs. No. 5 Michigan - In the second "upset" of the tournament the Michigan powerhouse will roll Wiscy. Bo Ryan will have a hard time containing the weapons for Michigan who will be like I mentioned earlier on a hunt for a tournament win.

No. 2 Ohio State vs. No. 10 Nebraska - The Cornhuskers will be coming off an upset of Purdont. The Buckeyes have been playing their best basketball since being clobbered by Wisconsin. This game would be better with Purdue and I'm not upset if I mess up the first round. Ohio State easily advances.

No. 3 Michigan State vs. No. 6 Iowa - Ah Sparty, the defending champs. How long has it been? A year? Time for the "Izzo" factor to kick in and Michigan State get to reminding everyone whose been the most consistent tournament team in the past decade.

Then, Sparty meets Iowa and Roy Devyn Marble. The Hawkeyes will be riding a real streak as winners of seven in their last nine (counting the Northwestern win). In their lone meeting earlier this season Iowa led Sparty for most of the game. The Hawkeye's defense is much improved and if they can control Tempo and stay out of foul trouble? They'll advance. Hawkeyes.

-----

No. 1 Indiana vs. No. 5 Michigan - This is where the #1 will fall. Despite the comeback win only a week prior the Wolverines will be out to prove a point. Indiana will have to shoot well from the field and execute the play even better if they want to knock out the Juggarnaut in Michigan. I really think that the Wolverines are on a war path for this B1G tournament and will knock out the Hoosiers by double-digits.

No. 2 Ohio State vs. No. 6 Iowa - The Buckeye's #2 seed prevails again as instead of getting Sparty they'll wind up with Iowa. The Hawkeyes were dominated by the Buckeyes in the first meeting for most of the game. Then the Ohio State offense hit a wall and the Hawkeyes who were down by as many as 24 came within four points of tying that game. The Buckeyes ended up winning by 9. They'll do so again here in a much more violent beat down of Iowa.

=====

The Championship Game

No. 2 Ohio State vs. No. 5 Michigan = Is it destiny that these two teams should meet one more time? Of course it is. After splitting the season series both will be playing at their peak come the championship game. I think the Buckeyes will get a slight advantage here early as Michigan will have played an extra game. Ohio State having an easy road to the title game too also will play a factor.

I'm not counting out Michigan though and simply writing them off. The starting five is better, the bench is better, and they'll have more on the table to prove than the Buckeyes. However, the coaching nod and experience goes to the Buckeyes.

This will be a title fight for the ages and both teams will leave it all out on the floor. Although it's probably the safer choice to go with Michigan. I simply can't pick the Wolverines over the Buckeyes. In what will be Ohio State's shining moment (I have them out in the S16) of the post season the Buckeyes will be crowned 2012 B1G Tournament Champs.
    25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck
  • Vinsane
    • Nov 2008

I meant to put discussion/predictions in the subject title. Chalk it up to rust lol.
    25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck

Comment

• Jayrock
      mini MJ
      • Apr 2012

Heading up tomorrow morning for a full weekend of the best tournament of the year. This will be more entertaining than the NCAA tournament.

Also your predictions suck.

Comment

• Hasselbeck
        Jus' bout dat action boss
        • Feb 2009

Buckeyes winning last years tourney? I think Michigan State did actually
        Originally posted by ram29jackson
        I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

• Jayrock
          mini MJ
          • Apr 2012

Neb over Purdue?

Iowa over MSU?

UM over IU by double digits?

damn u so edgy vinsane

Comment

• Woy
            RIP West
            • Dec 2008

Penn State shocks everyone and clinches the auto bid.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Pitty
              Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Woy
              Penn State shocks everyone and clinches the auto bid.
              ....And then Woy woke up.

Comment

• Influence
                King George
                • Jun 2012

I could care less about the B1G tournament, winning won't change anything.
                The Original

Comment

• Pitty
                  Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Influence
                  I could care less about the B1G tournament, winning won't change anything.
                  Truly spoken like a fan of a team that's never won their conference tournament.

Comment

• Influence
                    King George
                    • Jun 2012

I saw this early today, it's pretty interesting.

2012 - Mich St won BIG tourney. Got a #1 seed. Upset in sweet 16

2011 - OSU won BIG tourney. Got a #1 seed. Upset in sweet 16
                    2010 - OSU wins BIG tourney. Got a #2 seed. Upset in sweet 16 by a 6 seed.
                    2009 - Purdue won BIG tourney and made it to sweet 16 as a 5 seed.
                    2008 - Wisconsin won BIG tourney. Got a 3 seed. Lost in sweet 16 to a 10 seed.

2007 - OSU won BIG tourney. Made it to the finals as a 1 seed.
                    2006 - Iowa wins BIG tourney. Lost in round 1 as a 3 seed.
                    2005 - Illinois wins BIG tourney. Makes it to finals as a 1 seed.
                    2004 - Wisconsin won BIG tourney. Lost in 2nd round as a 6 seed.
                    2003 - Illinois won BIG tourney. Lost in round 2 as a 4 seed.
                    2002- OSU won BIG tourney. Got a 4 seed. Lost in round 2 to a 12 seed

Indiana made it to the elite 8 last year.. and we didn't win the tourney..

Winning the B1G tourney may give you bragging rights, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter for a team that has already clinched the B1G championship.
                    The Original

Comment

• Senser81
                      VSN Poster of the Year
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Pitty
                      Truly spoken like a fan of a team that's never won an NCAA tournament.

Comment

• Jayrock
                        mini MJ
                        • Apr 2012

yo influence are you a god damn retard son? this the second time ive seen you say we made it to the elite 8 last year. do you even watch iu? youre making us look bad, shut the fuck up fucking retard

Comment

• Jayrock
                          mini MJ
                          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Pitty
                          shut the fuck up pitty god damn it

Comment

• Influence
                            King George
                            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Jayrock
                            yo influence are you a god damn retard son? this the second time ive seen you say we made it to the elite 8 last year. do you even watch iu? youre making us look bad, shut the fuck up fucking retard
                            My bad, it was a little difficult trying to watch the tournament while I was in basic..
                            The Original

Comment

• Jayrock
                              mini MJ
                              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Influence
                              My bad, it was a little difficult trying to watch the tournament while I was in basic..
                              i dont give a god damn. its not hard to remember where we lost last year

also on the real thanks for ur service

Comment

Working...