X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheImmortalGoud
    No longer a noob
    • Jan 2011

Jamie Dixon Signs Extension Through 2023

Pittsburgh announced Saturday it has agreed to a 10-year contract extension with Jamie Dixon, which effectively ended speculation he might fill the opening at USC.

"I'm very happy at Pittsburgh," Dixon said live on TNT in advance of Saturday's Round of 32 game between Harvard and Arizona. "That's where I'm going to be."

Dixon just completed his 10th season at Pittsburgh.

The California native has finished in the top four of the Big East seven times, made nine NCAA tournaments and turned down numerous opportunities to leave. But some insiders still thought he might seriously consider USC this time because of A) his West Coast ties, B) Pitt's move to the ACC, and C) the fact he's facing criticism for having just been eliminated before the Sweet 16 for the sixth time in nine appearances.

Apparently not.

This deal won't necessarily keep Dixon at Pitt through 2023, obviously.

But it's a clear sign he has no plans to leave now or anytime soon.

"I'm very happy," Dixon said. "Pitt's a great place. My family loves it there."
  • Senser81
    VSN Poster of the Year
    • Feb 2009

Unbelievable timing on this. Perhaps Misssouri will offer their coach a 10-year extension. I heard other schools were interested in Dixon for their AD positions, because Dixon is known as a master scheduler, too.

List of teams Dixon has lost to in the 1st or 2nd round of NCAA Tournament:

Pacific
    Xavier
    Butler
    Witchita State
    Bradley

Comment

Working...