X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leftwich
    Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Kiffin to become Tennessee Head Coach

In 3 or 4 years, Tenn should be a powerhouse in the SEC. I see Auburn and LSU having a couple down years.

Originally posted by Tailback U
    It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.
  • Herm
    Boomshakalaka
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by RageNRaven
    Fulmer has alot people here still supporting him (NOT ME, NEVER HAVE LIKED HIM AS A COACH) and he was forced out by the boosters. Matter fact his buyout is not being paid by the University but rather 1 booster in particular is coming out of pocket and thats what sealed his fate here. I dont question his dedication to UT but I find it hard to support someone that does nothing but clap his hands regardless of a good or bad play and hes doen that his entire career. The years he was successful as a coach were because of the talent we had, not him. Peyton, Al Wilson, John Henderson, Jamal Lewis, Travis Henry, just to name a few... I dont really have an opinion on Kiffin except I like the fact he isnt Fulmer and his age should be a plus. Im looking forward to the future but not expecting too terribly much but could it really get any worse than it was these past few years?

Rage
    You do realize those players likely wouldnt be there if not for him recruiting them?!?!?!?

Im a UK fan so i know about a spoiled fanbase with our bball program. But just like UK in basketball, your program is no longer a powerhouse in football get used to it.

Comment

• Bmore
      The True Free-Man
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Herm
      You do realize those players likely wouldnt be there if not for him recruiting them?!?!?!?

Im a UK fan so i know about a spoiled fanbase with our bball program. But just like UK in basketball, your program is no longer a powerhouse in football get used to it.
      I agree, tenn. days are over.

Comment

• Primetime
        Thank You Prince
        • Nov 2008

They definitely aren't the team they were but they can be good under Kiffin.

Comment

• Bmore
          The True Free-Man
          • Oct 2008

The Division they are in says otherwise.

Comment

• Herm
            Boomshakalaka
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BmoreGDX
            The Division they are in says otherwise.
            Vanderbilt and Kentucky used to be guaranteed wins for UT every year ,now those teams are getting to bowl games, so are other SEC losers like Ole Miss and Miss St. UT is experiencing their turn in the cycle of suckiness. They're like Notre Dame they can have top 5 recruiting classes and still have losing seasons,lol

Comment

• Yawkey Way
              Free World Leader
              • Oct 2008

whose too say Tennessee can't return to it's powerhouse ways. It still has tradition, and it still has a strong fan base. It is in need of young talent, and now has a new coach that will hopefully infuse talent too the club. It actually has all the makings of a team that can still get a lot of top recruits imho.

Comment

• Herm
                Boomshakalaka
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Hokie
                Tennessee somehow managed to take Monte Kiffin from Tampa Bay.
                lol somehow? A chance to work with your son isnt much of a stretch for him to leave.

Comment

• Herm
                  Boomshakalaka
                  • Oct 2008

lol i found this on the vols scout board...

Drinking the Kiffin Koolaid - (phrase meaning)- Replacing a coach thats won 75% of his games with a coach thats lost 75% of his and thinking its a good thing.

I will say though he's already convinced Monte Kiffin to come. Sources are reporting Ed Orgeron, and South Carolina's Recruting Coordinator/Asst Qbs Coach David Reaves is now coming to Knoxville as well.

He is putting together a nice staff so far it seems, last year UT's O/D coordinators made 340k each. That would be quite a paycut for MOnte
                  Last edited by Herm; 11-30-2008, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Working...