X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

Report: Love Trade to Cavs Agreed Upon

Cannot be official until the 23rd and all the details not known yet.

"Anthony Bennett, the No. 1 overall selection from the 2013 draft, is also reportedly involved in the deal, but he may not be sticking in Minnesota. Bennett could be re-routed to Philadelphia in a trade that would send Thaddeus Young to the Timberwolves.

"The deal is done, but not done," Windhorst said. "The teams have agreed, but they can't say they have agreed and they can't agree because we are in this weird moratorium period. Because you can't trade Andrew Wiggins until the 23rd of this month.""

• DDRGuido
    gx
    • Feb 2009

Welp. GL to Wiggins and the Timbs. I'd rather have Wiggins grow in Cleveland but can't knock the LeBron/Love combo. Pacers are basically out of the playoffs with George out. Watching the Cavs is going to be a lot of fun this season.

Comment

• kingbryk
      Noob
      • Jan 2014

Love , Lebron and kyrie is one hell of a trio. There sure will be a ton of Cavs haters now.
      sigpic

Comment

• buckeye
        Noob
        • Dec 2013

I kinda figured that was already the case. I just didn't think they would go public with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

• ryne candy
          Aggie C/O '01
          • Feb 2009

image.jpg

Comment

• dope
            Allons-y!
            • Feb 2009

As a wolves fan i actually love the trade. we weren't going anywhere with the core we had and even if they had made the playoffs this year there was no guarantee that love would have resigned next year. plus they would have probably been a 1 and done team.

sure it's more rebuilding but you've got a good core to do that with and with the youth on the team it's looking up instead of remaining at best a .500 team.

i think the twolves will be fun to watch as they've got some high risers on this team. they'll be soft on defense again, but hopefully they'll find some more scoring than just klove. plus i think wiggins will actually love being the face of this team and being able to grow into his own instead of always being overshadowed by not only lebron but kryie as well. add in bennett looking good in summer leagues and if dieng continues to improve as i said things are looking up in minnesota.

i also can't fault love as taylor is a fucking idiot owner who doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut when it comes to his star player. he played the business game right and didn't hurt the twolves chances of getting plenty in return and didn't hurt his image in the process either. and much like garnett before him i'll be rooting for him to win a title even if it isn't for my team.

Comment

• dave
              Go the fuck outside
              • Oct 2008

I absolutely agree with you, dope. If you're a Wolves' fan, this is the best case scenario. Two #1 picks under contract protection for 5 years, opposed to a guy who never got you to the playoffs under contract protection for one.

Not sure if Andrew Wiggins will ever be as good as Kevin Love, but it's better than seeing Kevin Love leave next year without trading for Andrew Wiggins.
              My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                • Jul 2010

here comes a Ring for Cleveland......
                3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• buckeye
                  Noob
                  • Dec 2013

Originally posted by x0xHumblex0x
                  here comes a Ring for Cleveland......
                  God I hope

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...