X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Senser81
    VSN Poster of the Year
    • Feb 2009

Bulls v. Knicks 1992/93: NBA's darkest hour

I never really re-watched the games that were in New York...the officiating is on level with Vince McMahon WWF. I like how Pippen and Phil Jackson are the only ones getting tossed from games...and thats for arguing with the refs! How Xavier McDaniel and John Starks don't get thrown out of every game in these series is beyond me. The only Knick I saw get thrown out was Greg Anthony, because in a span of about 60 seconds he clotheslines Jordan twice.

Not one of David Stern's shining moments.

Even with the stooges Stern assigned to officiate this series, any Commish with a sense of fairness would have reviewed the game tapes of the flagrant fouls and suspended guys like McDaniel, Starks, Anthony, and even Ewing. Stern new it was "great theater" to have a New York team battling a Chicago team, even if it was totally contrived in a sense that the Knicks had NO ONE to matchup against Pippen, much less Jordan, so they were allowed to clothesline people on every possession.

From my point of view, these two series are the most egregious in NBA history, and possibly sporting history. The Kings-Lakers series in early 2000's was bad, but at least those teams were comparable. There was no way the Knicks could compete with the Bulls.
  • jeffx
    • Jun 2009

Funny....when Pat Riley coached LA, he'd complain about the Celtics rough tactics.

Even a hardcore Knick fan like me knows they got a gift in '94 with the 'Hue Hollins Call'. That 1993-94 Bulls team could have gone to the Finals.

Comment

Working...