• Nov 2008

Clutchiest Players?

Brandon Roy.

:bowdown:
  • mfbmike
    Goat****er
    • Nov 2008

Yeah, that was pretty insane.

I say Roy because he hit some huge shots last season and has this season as well.

Three pointer against Houston anyone?

Comment

• Vinsane
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Heelsox
      That's terrible logic. Arenas is more clutch cause he talks more shit?

I believe Arenas made an ass of himself the first game of the year last year...saying that they would beat Boston on opening night and getting dominated by around 25. That's backing it up?

Pierce has had a reputation from wayyy back in like 01 of being the best 4th quarter player in the league...I believe he's got around 7 or 8 career game winning buzzer beaters, and countless countless countless clutch shots.

Gilbert has never won shit...so I don't know why he's in this conversation. Because in the end...being clutch only matters in the playoffs.
      The following user says No Thank you for your post, Vinsane.

Being clutch only matters in the playoffs?

When it comes down to seeding look back on teams that win in the final seconds, If Portland gets one higher seed than San Antonio come playoff time and it's by a game, I guess that last minute win didn't matter cause it wasn't playoffs?
      25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck

Comment

• MRN
        MRNeverwearthesamething
        • Nov 2008

I am gonna say Paul Pierce.

Comment

• Primetime
          Thank You Prince
          • Nov 2008

Right now, Pierce with ease. All time it has to be Jordan.

Comment

• dboy_dc
            • Oct 2008

(I agree with most of the named players above me)

Robert Horry, AI, Gary Payton (a couple of times), Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, and LeBron is getting better at dealing with the pressure. Oh and Kobe

Comment

• Primetime
              Thank You Prince
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by dboy_dc
              (I agree with most of the named players above me)

Robert Horry, AI, Gary Payton (a couple of times), Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, and LeBron is getting better at dealing with the pressure. Oh and Kobe
              They don't call him "Big Shot" Bob for nothing.

Comment

• Vinsane
                • Nov 2008

Jordan was great, but he was Jordan so expect nothing less right? One name that stood out for me someone before mentioned was that of Reggie "The Knick Killer" Miller. Reggie was CLUTCH, perhaps if he hadn't played in the Jordan era Reggie would be one of the All-Time, really the only player to challenge Jordan for that title.

Comment

• MRN
                  MRNeverwearthesamething
                  • Nov 2008

Yeah, MJ is all time, but right now it is Pierce.

Comment

• mfbmike
                    Goat****er
                    • Nov 2008

Thinking of the shit Reggie Miller used to do gives me chills.

That sonofabitch was INSANE.

Comment

• mfbmike
                      Goat****er
                      • Nov 2008

reggie miller - 8 points in 9 seconds

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ppm6tQqv1rs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ppm6tQqv1rs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

he knocked down 2 free throws right before this.

Comment

• mfbmike
                        Goat****er
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Heelsox
                        if you're clutch during the regular season...that's great.

but if you can't do it in the playoffs..why does it matter? Gilbert is yet to get his team past the 2nd round...that's far from clutch in my book.

I can post a video of 5 buzzer beater game winners from 00-06. Plus the Atlanta one, so that makes six...that's just buzzer beaters. There has been plenty times where Pierce hits the clutch free throws, or the clutch shot with 10 seconds left. How about Pierce's assists on both of Ray Allen's buzzer beaters last year? Plus I can remember a couple more times where Pierce has made the right pass to find the open man for a game winner (Ricky Davis vs. Charlotte a couple years ago is one example that sticks out in my mind)

There is more to clutch than just scoring. I understand that watching Gilbert Arenas would make you believe that scoring is the only aspect of basketball though.

And to answer your question...I'd give Pierce the ball 10/10 times in that situation...because down by 3...I don't want to give the ball to a guy who struggles to shoot 35% from the three.
                        lol.

Comment

• Vinsane
                          • Nov 2008

The only time I'd admit that Pierce was clutch was Game 7 of the Eastern Semis last year, LeBron goes off for 45, Pierce is clutch in stepping up with his 41, enough to propel his team past the Cavaliers, where the missing link of the big 3 was Ray Ray.

Comment

• Len B
                            :moonwalk:
                            • Oct 2008

There was a poll done by ESPN asking players around the league, and I think it went Kobe #1, Pierce #2. I'll check back on that later.

Comment

• AJay
                              Fighter of the Nightman
                              • Oct 2008

Man am I awesome or what lol

Looking on yahoo today checking some mail and Yahoo Sports has article on NBA's Clutchest Players.

Comment

Working...