X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuperNova854
    Hobo Pride
    • Nov 2008

Kings To Retire Numbers Of Webber And Divac

The Sacramento Kings announced they are retiring the jersey numbers worn Chris Webber and Vlade Divac.

Webber, a power forward who played seven seasons with the franchise, will have his #4 retired Feb. 6 when the Kings host the Utah Jazz.

On March 31 when Sacramento takes on the New Orleans Hornets, the #21 jersey of Divac will be hung on the rafters as well.

"Chris was the face of the franchise and one of the best power forwards of his time," said Kings owner Gavin Maloof in a statement. "He is a great person and tremendous leader. We enjoyed watching him play on a nightly basis. He possessed great all-around skills. He had exceptional scoring, rebounding and passing abilities. It was fun to watch.

"I want to thank Vlade for his hard work, dedication and loyalty to the franchise. He is a first-class person, was the consummate teammate and one of the most likable individuals we've ever had the pleasure of knowing. Along with Chris Webber and others, Vlade guided the Kings from obscurity to prominence during his tenure in Sacramento, and I'll always be grateful for his contributions."

1984 Record: 44-38 (9th in west)
    1985 Record: 42-40 (7th in west; 1st round exit)
    1986 Record: 51-31 (3rd in west; swept in finals)

The Grizzlies theme this season should be : "This Season, We're Doing It For The Lulz"
  • SuperNova854
    Hobo Pride
    • Nov 2008

Um. You must have not been alive when Webber was a beast in Sc-Town. Bibby, Peja, C-Webb,

The Grizzlies theme this season should be : "This Season, We're Doing It For The Lulz"

Comment

• stevsta
      ¿Que?
      • Oct 2008

why would they hang divacs jersey not like he won them a championship the lakers made sure of that
      RIP

Comment

• mfbmike
        Goat****er
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by codizzle42
        Webber was a hell of a player though. I'm a Lakers fan, and I'm glad we beat them haha, but really cool to see this. Webber is going to be overlooked for his career, it's a shame.
        That series was bullshit. That was the Kings year and the refs fucked them out of that championship dirty. But that is neither here nor there.

Chris Webber deserves his number retired and even moreso, deserves to be in the hall of fame when his time comes. 20/10 to go with almost 4 assists a game career averages is definitely HOF worthy.

Vlade on the other hand, meh, he wasn't horrible but he was a GREAT flopper.

Webber was originally drafted by Orlando and traded for Anfernee Hardaway.

WHAT IF

the Magic had kept Webber to play alongside Shaq in the frontcourt. Hmmmm?

Comment

• mfbmike
          Goat****er
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by stevsta
          why would they hang divacs jersey not like he won them a championship the referees made sure of that
          fixed.

Comment

• mfbmike
            Goat****er
            • Nov 2008

I feel really bad every time I see Mike Bibby's face really red and about to cry during the end of that series.

:/

Comment

• mfbmike
              Goat****er
              • Nov 2008

watching that vid has me fucking heated now.

FUCK.

Comment

• stevsta
                ¿Que?
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by mfbmike
                watching that vid has me fucking heated now.

FUCK.
                boohoo cry me a river for the f'n kings how about the patriots beating the rams if a boston fan will agree they never should of been at the superbowl none the less win the superbowl i will agree the lakers did not really win the series

also i read this

-15 errors were committed by the referees that night.
                -8 favoring the Lakers, while 7 favored the Kings.
                -In the critical 4th quarter, there were only 3 incorrect calls: two favoring the Lakers and one the Kings.

now of all that how can it be said that the game was fixed those seem about equal and the truth is superstars get the call it is quite evident even right now in the 2008-9 season not to mention they did not have the awesome replay technology they have today in fact i think they allowed it after that season was over
                Last edited by stevsta; 12-19-2008, 03:08 PM.
                RIP

Comment

• SuperNova854
                  Hobo Pride
                  • Nov 2008

that video made me hate the Lakers a billion times more

Comment

• stevsta
                    ¿Que?
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Heelsox
                    Who determines an "incorrect call?"

A Laker fan? Dude...are you seriously trying to overturn a federal jury right now?

The Lakers shot 27 free throws in the forth...and the kings didn't intentional foul....enough said?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eawwO1moIIE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eawwO1moIIE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

20-17. The pats deserved it. The Lakers didn't.

Like, I could see you making sense right now if it was all based on speculation...but it's been factually proven and admitted to that the game/series was fixed. What's next on your list of arguments? Plax didn't actually shoot himself in the leg? Michael Vick is allergic to dogs?
                    admitted to??? the only one who admitted to something is a f'n loser who was trying to save his own skin (donagaylord)and before that drive the whole game horrible calls were made and the misterious tuck rule so before you think your so smart by posting some stupid last minute play how about i post a video on hoe the lakers made the free throws and the shots to win the game there

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uKpq62BCh5U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uKpq62BCh5U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

tuck rule

also a good write up and i will try to find the videos to prove what he is saying
                    Last edited by stevsta; 12-19-2008, 04:08 PM.
                    RIP

Comment

• Gonzo
                      Colts Supremicist
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by stevsta
                      admitted to??? the only one who admitted to something is a f'n loser who was trying to save his own skin (donagaylord)and before that drive the whole game horrible calls were made and the misterious tuck rule so before you think your so smart by posting some stupid last minute play how about i post a video on hoe the lakers made the free throws and the shots to win the game there
                      tool.

Comment

• Lupe
                        Posts a lot
                        • Nov 2008

stevsta

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpPCKn9ZX3w[/media]

"Delany Made Four Errors in the game two of which favored the Lakers an two that favored the Kings. In the Forth Quarter, Delany made three of his errors, Two favoring LA and One Favoring the Kings. The Two Errors favoring the Lakers involved Controversial plays discussed above in which Divac was incorrectly called for a Sixth Foul and Bryant was Incorrectly not called for the Forarm to Bibbys face

7 Min Mart

Originally posted by Len B
                        Lupe is good peeps. He gets a bad rap from people who take message boards too seriously and forget what it's like to be young and online. I consider Lupe a top 100 prospect in the minors and someday becomes a solid poster.

Comment

• stevsta
                          ¿Que?
                          • Oct 2008

what can i say i have the best of both worlds

although basketball and football are two different sports and basketball is imo very hard to officiate as compared to football
                          Last edited by stevsta; 12-19-2008, 04:39 PM.
                          RIP

Comment

Working...