• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Juggernaut
    Sitting on the Sidelines
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by OKCL
    Bust: Brandon Jennings
    Sleeper: Tyler Hansborough(Hopefully he lands in NO)

Anywho...

Bust: Larry English, should not have been drafted this early imo

Sleeper: Kenny Britt, homer pick for me though yet i loved watching this kid play ball

Comment

• OKCL
      • Feb 2009

Larry English will be the best LB this world has ever seen

Comment

• MVP1991
        The Man
        • Feb 2009

Bust - Mark Sanchez

The Golden Turducken
        Season 1: 11-5 (Super Bowl Champion)
        Season 2: 12-4 (NFC West Champion)

Season 3: 9-4

Comment

• mgoblue2290
          Posts too much
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by raiderfan7
          Agreed but if Stafford doesn't perform it will be much worse since he is supposed to be the savior.
          No he isn't supposed to be the savior. Most Lions fans didn't want a QB and are expecting mediocrity from him.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
            #DoSomething
            • Feb 2009

Tito Freeman
            Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008

Comment

• Esjay
              Luck2Hilton
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by RyanLeaf16
              Tito Freeman
              If Gruden was responsible for drafting him would you be saying this? Why do you hate Morris so much? I'm not trying to be an ass, I've always thought you were a smart guy. You just seem to really hate the guy, lol.

Comment

• Poundtherock
                I don't argue w/idiots...
                • May 2009

Originally posted by Esjay
                If Gruden was responsible for drafting him would you be saying this? Why do you hate Morris so much? I'm not trying to be an ass, I've always thought you were a smart guy. You just seem to really hate the guy, lol.

Lol, he does!

Wait....Morris or Freeman? Or both?
                Last edited by Poundtherock; 06-23-2009, 07:02 PM.

Poundtherock @ Twitch
                PTR_Poundtherock/xxxPTRxxx @ YouTube

Gaming Series: PS3: GTPlanet.net, GT6 [D3 Silver]; PS3; GT5; PS4: GTSport; Clancy [Ghosts]; BF1; Uncharted [PS4v]; RDR2 [???];

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                  #DoSomething
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Esjay
                  Yeah, I would. As a matter of fact, I completely disagreed with the Garcia signing. I have never been that impressed with Garcia. After his time here, I am even less impressed with his ability as a player and more importantly his ability to be a leader and good teammate.

Fact is, I look at Morris as a turncoat. I was happy when he was named defensive coordinator and Monte's successor. However, I was really disappointed about how he handled taking the head coaching job. First, I would never want to deny a talented assistant and opportunity to lead his own club. Then again, I wouldn't expect said "talented assistant" to go behind his superiors back and lobby for the job and then act as if he knew nothing about it.

Second, Morris has done nothing but trip all over himself since taking the job. His interviews and handling of all football ops has been weak...at best. If anything, Morris is lucky that Dominik is there to hold his hand through all of this.

Finally, Morris is simply a cheap alternative. The Glazers have financed themselves to the point that there is no safety net below them. Granted, they are still paying Gruden and Allen, but, the Morris hire does not send a message that the focus is on winning or the Buccaneer organization. It is across the pond.

Don't believe me if you wish, but, I can tell you that the Glazer family is getting a reputation for not paying their bills. It was never a issue before. This whole song and dance is nothing but a way for the Glazers to cut costs and hold over the organization till they can dump it.
                  Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008

Comment

• BWEISS
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by babalu87
                    ROFL

Running backs never fail in Denver

Comment

• ~Chance~
                      Blaze one for the NATION
                      • Oct 2008

Stafford

Comment

• Rayman
                        Spic 'n Spanish
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by babalu87
                        ROFL

Running backs never fail in Denver

BUST Josh Freeman BUST
                        Shanny's not in charge anymore.

I think Orakpo is doomed to fail. Another Vernon Gholston / Vernon Davis type of guy who was overhyped in college because of how much he could bench press.
                        Well, that and the fact that those retards in Washington think he's another DeMarcus Ware and are trying to make him a LB....

....in a 4-3.
                        Last edited by Rayman; 06-23-2009, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Blick
                          The Judge
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by sappisgod
                          x10. This draft was bad enough when you consider the top talent in comparison to most years, but then you add in a team at number THREE overall taking a guy who was projected to be a middle of the first round player, who they reached on because they needed a 3-4 end. Not to mention, Jackson wasn't much of a pass rusher after Dorsey left.

I don't think he's a bad player, but he's not really anything to get excited about and completely inexcusable to take top 3 in ANY draft IMHO. You're looking at maybe a Ty Warren type, and I really question how high his perceived upside is. Guys like Mayock and Kiper seem to think he has the talent to live up to the pick, but I don't know who they were watching at LSU.

If he doesn't become a good 3-4 rusher, he's just another 300 lb run DE. And teams like the Steelers have proven you can find guys like that in the mid-rounds.
                          I kind of agree. I think he'll be labeled a bust simply because his numbers are never going to be sexy...and the Chiefs aren't going to have a great defense to get him recognized any time soon either.

I don't think he'll truly be a bust as a player, though. I think he'll be solid. IMO the bust label should be reserved for guys who could potentially be out of the league in 5 years. Jackson should be able to carve out a decent career in the league.

The Chiefs didn't take him simply because they needed a 3-4 end. They took him because their other options weren't that great, either.

I think Jackson is a lot more athletic than "just another 300 lb run DE".

I also don't understand the critique of his pass rushing ability. Is he playing 4-3 end?

Comment

• Fox1994
                            Posts too much
                            • Dec 2008

I'm thinking Sanchez will be successful just because he's basically had the team completely handed to him and it's not an awful squad. On the other hand, I think he should've stayed another year at SC, but whatever... I think Mr. Well is gonna be a bust. There have been a lot of backs out of OSU that have been successful in college and not so great in the pros as of late...

Also, I think Ian Johnson (who actually didn't get drafted... somehow) is gonna surprise a lot of people. I think Minnie's gonna have a three-headed monster at Tailback, now. He may end up having a bigger role in the offense than Chester Taylor and become AD's wingman. I dunno why they're so worried about a QB over there when they have one of the best rushing offenses in the league.

Hell, they could run the Wing-T a few times a game while everyone else is running the Single Wing (Wildcat).

Comment

• Esjay
                              Luck2Hilton
                              • Feb 2009

The homer in me wants to say Donald Brown will surprise a lot of people .. Polian knows what he's doing. Brown will fit in well with our offense and our rushing attack will be leaps and bounds better than it was last season.

Other than that..

Busts: Stafford, Maclin
                              Sleepers: Maybin, Vontae Davis, Kenny Britt

Comment

• Fox1994
                                Posts too much
                                • Dec 2008

^For sure. Two of the fastest most dynamic receivers in the last two drafts in Philly... I wonder if this spells Super Bowl for McNabb, Westbrook and the rest of the boys... If so, I hope Reid sends Weapon X (I personally prefer Terminator X) a ring like Dungy did for Edge.

Comment

Working...