X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anthony
    In Brendan we trust.
    • Jun 2009

Shanahan Wants To Coach Again

NFL.com - Mike Shanahan wants to be a head coach in the NFL again, possibly as soon as 2010.

He told NFL.com that he had the opportunity to interview for positions this offseason, but "it just didn't feel right at the time."

The Broncos surprisingly fired Shanahan after the team failed to make the playoffs for the third consecutive year.

"I plan on getting back," said Shanahan. "I probably spent more time studying football the last offseason than I have the last 10 years. I watch a lot of film and do the same thing I do during the season. I'll see if there are any opportunities out there at the end of the year that will work out for the club and myself."

Former Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said Friday that he plans to coach again and that he had the opportunity to interview for head-coaching jobs for the 2009 season, but "it just didn't feel right at the time."

Which team do you guys think would be the most fitting for Coach Shanahan. Discuss
  • Dan The Man
    Dip My Balls In It
    • Mar 2009

Cowboys

Another chokejob and the Michelin Man is gone. They're gonna want a guy with rings.

Comment

• MRN
      MRNeverwearthesamething
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by raiderfan7
      Oakland pls!!!!! SAVE US!!!!!
      Hahahaha, no self respecting coach would touch Oakland.

Comment

• Aso
        The Serious House
        • Nov 2008

Shanahan won't want to go to Oakland and no chance in hell Al Davis would hire him either. If Al Davis dies though then I hope we would get him he's an awesome coach.

What he needs to do is get an elite back with his amazing running style. He settles for mediocre backs that perform above average in his system but i think he should get a superstar back when he gets back into the league like when he had Terrell Davis and Clinton Portis or even Travis Henry the first 5 weeks of the season of 2007.
        Last edited by Aso; 07-19-2009, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Anthony
          In Brendan we trust.
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by raiderfan7
          Oakland pls!!!!! SAVE US!!!!!
          This is who Oakland needs.

Originally posted by MRN
          Hahahaha, no self respecting coach would touch Oakland.
          Uncalled for... lawlz

Comment

• Anthony
            In Brendan we trust.
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Bikaben
            Wasn't Mike Shanahan a coach for the Raiders back years ago? Al Davis fired him the next year.
            Yea he was the coach of the L.A. Raiders back in the 88-89 season.

Comment

• Goober
              Needs a hobby
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bikaben
              Wasn't Mike Shanahan a coach for the Raiders back years ago? Al Davis fired him the next year.
              You don't know half the story. Those two hate each other more then anyone in the league.

Comment

• Anthony
                In Brendan we trust.
                • Jun 2009

By the way - http://www.bangcartoon.com/2008/tvguide.htm

Comment

• Obst
                  RIP West
                  • Oct 2008

Comment

• Derrville
                    Dallas has no coaching...
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Dan The Man
                    Cowboys

Another chokejob and the Michelin Man is gone. They're gonna want a guy with rings.
                    Originally posted by L337fleming
                    I actually see the cowboys as being a legitimate choice for Shanahan
                    If Dallas has another playoff less year, i see Jerry Going Hard for Cowher before he goes after Shanahan

Comment

• steeljake
                      6 rings...
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Charger
                      Mike Shanahan is one of my favorite coaches and a person I look up too. One of the founding fathers of the zone run offense... also me and his son Kyle (OC for the Texans) are pretty good friends.
                      boooo... you're a name dropper...

john fox, whose brother's cousin's best friend's ex-girlfirend's boyfriends little brother's babysitter i dont, know better watch his ass. also jim zorn, and know i dont know him.

23:33 OnlyOneBeerLeft: jake nobody listens to you aint you supposed to die from cancer or somethin soon?

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
                        Fuck em
                        • Oct 2008

Cincinnati would be good because they need somebody to get them a good run game.

Foreskins cuz Snyder is always trying to buy a team, Idk how happy Portis would be after being traded away though.

Cowgirls cuz Jerry Jones wants to sell tickets, and definately has a good stable of backs that need to be used right.

my bold prob nevere going to happen prediction is.......

The Philadelphia Eagles.... If i had to pick ONE shocking team to get Shanny I think it would be them. The organization can't possbly be happy passing 70% of the dam time, I think its Super Bowl or bust for Reid and the Eagles this year.

But Im just speculating and throwing random shit out there cuz I'm bored....flame me and you will most likely get bit by a tick get lyme disease and slowly die.

Comment

• JMeist
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by DirtyDozen12
                          anywhere with a solid running back. Vikings? Childress is getting fired some time another. Imagine Adrian Peterson in Shannys offense. If fucking Mike Anderson can run for 1500 yards then A-Pete can run for easily 2000 with him.
                          It is beyond me how Ned Flanders still has his job. I would be scared shitless of the Vikings, but at the end of the day I can sleep at night knowing Brad Childress coaches the team.

Comment

• jeffx
                            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Goblinslayer
                            You don't know half the story. Those two hate each other more then anyone in the league.
                            Doesn't Al still owe Shanahan money?

Gotta feel bad for Raider Nation. Their team was in the SB not long ago, now look at them. Your only hope is for Al to go to that great Raider Stadium in the sky.

Comment

• deathdealer
                              The Phenom
                              • Jul 2009

Houston texans maybe? Its already been said if they dont break 500% this year people are going to get fired starting with Kubiak

Comment

Working...