Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cf24
    WESTBROOK
    • Feb 2009

Was living in Oklahoma when i got into football...didn't know much about any team,except that i hated the cowboys because EVERYONE was a cowboys fan in OK.Played Madden and saw a familiar name,Adrian Wilson.He was my babysitter when i was growing up in North Carolina..decided to follow the Cardinals(didn't hurt that they were rivals with the 'boys :D).Then my dad decided to move Arizona..boom, insta-fan.I've been to every home game since 2002 or 2003..and a few away games.

Damn..that'll probably warrant the "didn't read lol" gif..ha.

Comment

• PEYMAN18
      Suhn.
      • Jan 2009

First game I watched was a Colts game and I saw this player named Peyton Manning and thats when the love of football started.

Comment

• Herm
        Boomshakalaka
        • Oct 2008

i was born in Louisville to a family full of Cardinal hating Kentucky fans, so obviously im a Kentucky fan. I had one relative marry a Cardinal fan that ended up in a messy divorce, another relative recently married a Louisville fan they've only been together a year, that one's yet to be determined ;)

Im a titans fan because i live in Nashville and thats the local team.

Comment

• Anthony
          In Brendan we trust.
          • Jun 2009

Born & raised in New York City, Raised a Giants fan, Dad, Uncle, Friends etc; Raised on Taylor, Carson, Banks, Simms & Bavaro... Strahan, Armstead, Tiki, Sehorn, Toomer, Collins and the rest... I do have that rebellious brother who decided to root for Gang Green.

Plus I only root for New York teams; except the Bills, Islanders, Jets & Mets.
          Last edited by Anthony; 07-23-2009, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• Miami Flash15
            The Jets Suck
            • Jul 2009

The Dolphins. I grew up watching them. Miami born and raised.
            Go 'Phins!

Comment

• killgod
              OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
              • Oct 2008

Patriots.

They went 5-11 in 93 under Bledsoe. I started watching football that season, saw a sick pass from Bledsoe to Vincent Brisby during ESPN Primetime and I was hooked.

One random play from some shitty team is all it took.....lol.

Comment

• Bmore
                The True Free-Man
                • Oct 2008

Born in Baltimore, Maryland and was living in Baltimore when the Ravens came to town. Rooted for them when we had Testaverde and Micheal Jackson. I'm also a Maryland Terrapin fan, so its a added bonus when the Ravens draft/sign a Ex-Terrapin. (ex. Dominique Foxworth)

Was hoping and looking forward to Darrius Heyward-Bey, but Oakland ruined that shit.

Comment

• chubbz
                  • Feb 2009

i was born in south philly. everyone hated the eagles and for the most part still do. eveytime a game of theres came on my whole family would root for the other team, and i luv going against my family so....
                  then mcnabb started a full season in 2000 and O BOY!!!! if he wasnt and still is my favorite player of all time and has been one of the best qbs ever since. i luv my EAGLES!!!!
                  EAGLES!!!! 13-3 :pepsi:
                  sigpic

Comment

• T.Dot
                    A Real RockNRolla
                    • Nov 2008

Chargers: My father is friends with Philip Rivers' uncle and I have been a lifelong LT fan since his TCU days.

Georgia Tech: Went to tons of games when I lived down in Atlanta

Comment

• Sharkweather
                      • Jul 2009

First time I can remember actually sitting down and watching a football game was the Broncos/Falcons super bowl and my dad was rooting for the Broncos so like a lot of people in this thread, and probably a lot of kids, I rooted against him. I was a casual Falcon fan for a while but then Vick got me hooked.

Comment

• padman59
                        Slayer of Demons
                        • Mar 2009

Notre Dame - I'm not sure why I started cheering for the Irish as a kid, but I've been doing it ever since.

Dallas Cowboys - Born in Dallas and raised a good part of my life in the DFW area. Just grew up watching them.

Comment

• DSpydr84
                          I need a sub
                          • Oct 2008

NFL - Detroit Lions... Barry Sanders is the reason I got into football when I was a kid. The team stuck.

NCAA - Alabama Crimson Tide... Tyrone Prothro, same reason as above (got into college a lot later obviously).

I live in Buffalo and have my whole life, so it's always weird when I tell people I'm a Lions/Tide fan. I still root for the Bills on Sundays, but if Detroit is playing them, I'm cheering for the Blue and Silver.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                            Posts too much
                            • Feb 2009

Detroit Lions. I live 20 minutes south of Detroit. I'll stick with them for better (lol) or worse. We could go 0-16 this season and I will still be a fan and watch whatever games are on tv since we get blacked out a lot.

Comment

• FedEx227
                              Delivers
                              • Mar 2009

MLB - Chicago White Sox, great up in Chicago, dad was a huge Sox fan probably would've made the choice myself, as a kid watching Frank Thomas and awesome black uniforms.

NFL - Don't really have a team. Have really never liked the Bears, which nobody can understand living in Chicago... but honestly, I never felt any connection to the team. My dad was kinda lukewarm towards football, and I grew up in one of the worst eras of Bears football so there was really nothing that compelled me to like this team. Plus, I grew people old of hearing about the 1985 Bears and all the stock "tough work" "Bear defense" "bear weather" "blue collar" bullshit that seems to come with being a Bears fan. Started liking the Buccanners and Panthers as a kid, but never really chose them as "MY" team.

NCAA - Florida State Seminoles. I remember as a kid one day watching a Florida State game on TV and watching Charlie Ward just absolutely dominate people. He was one of the most amazing players I had ever seen and was just unbelievable. From that day on I was a Florida State fan and still follow them a ton to this day.

NBA - Chicago Bulls/Dallas Mavericks. I'd go into details but this is in the NFL/NCAA Discussion so yeah. I live in Chicago and grew up during MJ... that's a no brainer, then I really started to follow Dirk's career when he got into the league and thus became a pretty large Mavericks fan.
                              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• FedEx227
                                Delivers
                                • Mar 2009

Ward was just on another level during those times.

Nebraska was no slouch either though but yeah FSU was just unbelievable wish I was a bit older to have actually apprechiated it more.

Now we fuckin suck
                                VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

Working...