• Kuzzy Powers
    Beautiful Like Moses
    • Oct 2008

Chris Cooley- New Uniform Rules

No Fun League.
  • Point Blank
    Needs a hobby
    • Oct 2008

- Wrong attire 90 minutes previous and after a game - clothes must be Reebok apparel
    What?

Comment

• Tailback U
      No substitute 4 strength.
      • Nov 2008

that's ridiculous. well written by cooley, though.

i miss the days when players used to suit up like gladiators:

Last edited by Tailback U; 08-13-2009, 12:15 AM.

Comment

• Rudi
        #CyCueto
        • Nov 2008

Wow...this is out of control.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Petty or not, it's a slippery slope.

If you give these guys an inch, they will surely take a yard.

Reebok pays the league alot of money, that investment should be protected. None of this is too much to ask. Tuck your damn jersey in, pull your socks up, and wear the Reebok gloves. What's the big deal?

Comment

• Tailback U
            • Nov 2008

It's much more than that. Read the article. Pants not covering knees? Socks roll down all the time in football, you shouldn't be worried about pulling your damn socks up after every play in the middle of a fucking football game.

Chin strap unbuckled? Again, this happens all the time. It comes undone and sometimes you just undo it because it's uncomfortable. Not a big deal at all.

Jersey untucked? Happens all the time and you don't notice it when you are playing nor should you be overly concerned with it.

I could go on and on but I hope you get the picture. This isn't a fucking beauty pageant.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Tailback U
              It's much more than that. Read the article. Pants not covering knees? Socks roll down all the time in football, you shouldn't be worried about pulling your damn socks up after every play in the middle of a fucking football game.

Chin strap unbuckled? Again, this happens all the time. It comes undone and sometimes you just undo it because it's uncomfortable. Not a big deal at all.

Jersey untucked? Happens all the time and you don't notice it when you are playing nor should you be overly concerned with it.

I could go on and on but I hope you get the picture. This isn't a fucking beauty pageant.
              They don't fine guys when this stuff happens in the middle of a drive. Socks getting rolled down or your jersey getting untucked during play isnt the issue.

They check this stuff before the game, and you can't have guys looking like sandlot football, and worse, not pimping the corporate sponsers.

Again, it's not that big of a deal. Your a professional, look like it.

Comment

• Tailback U
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                They don't fine guys when this stuff happens in the middle of a drive. Socks getting rolled down or your jersey getting untucked during play isnt the issue.

They check this stuff before the game, and you can't have guys looking like sandlot football, and worse, not pimping the corporate sponsors.

Again, it's not that big of a deal. You're a football player, look like it.
                Fixed.

And the sponsors are obvious. Kneecaps showing between the end of the pants and the top of the sock aren't going to affect the sponsors whatsoever. It's nitpicking at it's finest. It's silly.

Let's not forget this is a sport. These guys are playing a child's game.
                Last edited by Tailback U; 08-13-2009, 12:34 AM.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Tailback U
                  Fixed.

And the sponsors are obvious. Kneecaps showing between the end of the pants and the top of the sock aren't going to affect the sponsors whatsoever. It's nitpicking at it's finest. It's silly.

Let's not forget this is a sport. These guys are playing a child's game.
                  Next time you use the "fixed", bold the fixed part. I read that shit four times before I found it.

I hear you, but the fact is, it stopped being "just a game" a long time ago.

Is some of it petty? Yeah, but I see where the league is coming from. It's pretty hard to knock anything about the NFL business model considering the growth they've gone through the last 25 years.

Comment

• Tailback U
                    • Nov 2008

I just don't like it because the game is moving further and further away from its origins as time passes by.

You breed and teach these guys to kill but then fine them when they do everything in their power to make that kill. You want them to act like animals on the field but dress up like dolls.

It's just hypocritical and ridiculous to me. I can understand all the off the field stuff and disciplining players when necessary, but don't try to turn the game into a beauty pageant by nitpicking over every minor detail.

They're acting as if they are a branch of the military.
                    Last edited by Tailback U; 08-13-2009, 12:58 AM.

Comment

• DomePatrol
                      Urdnot Style
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by PBâ„¢
                      What?
                      I guess that's like when Kitna wore a hat with a cross on it in a post game conference. Dont know if you ever saw it but the NFL fined him for that.

Comment

• Boucher
                        King of EDM
                        • Jul 2009

Well at least they can afford to pay the fines

Comment

• Argath
                          $2 whore
                          • Apr 2009

When your making 5 mil a year.. a $5,000 fine is chump change. it's like giving a nickel to the bum on the street.

Comment

• killgod
                            OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                            Next time you use the "fixed", bold the fixed part. I read that shit four times before I found it.

I hear you, but the fact is, it stopped being "just a game" a long time ago.

Is some of it petty? Yeah, but I see where the league is coming from. It's pretty hard to knock anything about the NFL business model considering the growth they've gone through the last 25 years.
                            lmfao @ you reading Tailback's post 4 times before finding the very first word.

Comment

• stevsta
                              ¿Que?
                              • Oct 2008

@ the NFL
                              RIP

Comment

Working...