X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DomePatrol
    Urdnot Style
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Argath2008
    When your making 5 mil a year.. a $5,000 fine is chump change. it's like giving a nickel to the bum on the street.
    Yeah but its still over stupid shit like wrong gloves. I dont see the big deal in wearing a pair of blue gloves instead of white gloves.

Comment

• NAHSTE
      Probably owns the site
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Argath2008
      When your making 5 mil a year.. a $5,000 fine is chump change. it's like giving a nickel to the bum on the street.
      They don't get their salaries up front, 5,000 is part of a monthly paycheck. Granted, it's a huge paycheck, but a lot of these guys rely on that money during the season.

Even for the highest paid NFL player, most of their money gets tied up in taxes, family members and various investments. So while 5,000 is less important to an NFL player than you or I, it's still money they were expecting to have available to them that is no longer there.

Regardless of the amount, if your boss takes money out of your paycheck, you're gonna care. If you don't believe me, give your boss .05 of your paycheck every week for the next 3 months and see how you like it.

Just because they have a lot of money doesn't mean that they are cool with letting go of 5 grand.
      Last edited by NAHSTE; 08-13-2009, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by killgod
        lmfao @ you reading Tailback's post 4 times before finding the very first word.
        wut

He changed "professional" to "football player". In the last sentance of the post...

Comment

• Argath
          $2 whore
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by killgod
          lmfao @ you reading Tailback's post 4 times before finding the very first word.
          try again

Comment

• Saluki
            Ball So Hard
            • Oct 2008

Ok, like i could understand if they had a sideline dresscode like the NBA cuz they want guys to look professional. But wrong nasal strip? No Bandana? No tape thats not the same color as the shoe? In what way are any of these dangerous or a hinderance to the game? This is just getting stupid at this point. I remember when they fined clark 5000 for putting Sean Taylors number in his eye black. Seriously who cares? It's not hurting anybody

Comment

• Argath
              $2 whore
              • Apr 2009

thats enough out of you dave

Comment

• Tengo Juego
                Posts a lot
                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                Petty or not, it's a slippery slope.

If you give these guys an inch, they will surely take a yard.

Reebok pays the league alot of money, that investment should be protected. None of this is too much to ask. Tuck your damn jersey in, pull your socks up, and wear the Reebok gloves. What's the big deal?
                You fuckin serious? What does a nasal strip have to do with reebok? What does an undershirt have to do with reebok? What does tape on a towel have to do with reebok? If they want their logo to be shown then fine. But what the fuck is wrong with these people?

No. Fun. League.

Bunch of fashion police.

Comment

Working...