X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DJ Rhude
    #42 G.O.A.T.
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jeffx
    Brandon Spikes would look sweet in Giant blue. He's what the doctor ordered.
    Funny, I drafted him in my second year of my Giants franchise.....he's already having an impact and in the running for defensive rookie of the year

Comment

• Rayman
      Spic 'n Spanish
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DJ Rhude
      Funny, I drafted him in my second year of my Giants franchise.....he's already having an impact and in the running for defensive rookie of the year
      If not him, I usually have the Giants draft McClain in my 'chise.

They need an upgrade at MLB.

Comment

• jeffx
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by DJ Rhude
        I drafted Rolando McClain to replace Pierce(last year's Madden I took Obi Ezeh). McClain's a friggin' beast, leading my defense in tackles in his rookie season.

Besides MLB, we need an upgrade in the secondary, maybe another d-lineman and o-line.
        Last edited by jeffx; 02-02-2010, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• jeffx
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
          Amani Toomer was on WFAN before and told this fucked up story about the 2000 Super Bowl.

He said the night before the game, the defense went to Fassel and wanted to be introduced first b/c they felt they were the reason they were in the game. The offense found out and were pissed off at the defense. Toomer said it was not a good thing to be apart of.

I remember things being lacking under Fassel but damn, he really did have little control.
          Tiki was on yesterday, and he confirmed it. Like Amani, he also questioned the offensive strategy going into the second half.

Comment

• DJ Rhude
            #42 G.O.A.T.
            • Feb 2009

Wow, but looking back I guess I can't say I'm too surprised.....Funny, even though we went to the superbowl that year, that group was never one of my favorite squads....who can forget how the defense fought on the field in that playoff game against the Vikings a few years prior? Tiki and Strahan squabbling in public.....good times.....Fassel never had control

Comment

• Lumpkin
              Lets go Mets
              • Nov 2008

So apparently Jacobs was playing injuried since week 1. He had surgery to repair torn meniscus cartilige. Hopefully that explains why he played like garbage last year and the old Jacobs will be back for 2010

The Article:http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...ying_hurt.html

Comment

• strahanfan92
                Meat
                • Aug 2009

Wouldn't bet on it.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                  Giants in the Super Bowl
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by GiantsBlue76
                  Giants need MLB, DTs, another CB if Ross can't get healthy, a healthy Kenny Phillips would be a huge plus.

I like Jacobs when he's playing well but I'd love to see the Giants get an all around good RB some day. One who can run, catch and block. An every down guy. I know they seem to be hard to come by these days though.
                  An every down back would be sweet but I'd take a healthy combo of Jacobs/Bradshaw and a solid 3rd back.

They need LBs in general and DBs in general, I'd love to see them get another safety because with Phillips' future in doubt, I don't want to take any chances of going another season with CC back there.

They could also use another OL b/c depth is always key.

I would imagine they will be players in free agency and with a middle pick in each round of the draft, I'm sensing they will improve that damn defense.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                    True Blue
                    • Feb 2009

giants need to get someone like Barrett Rudd or D’Qwell Jackson. Pierce is done and as bad as the giants D was all last year, it got worse once Pierce was out of the lineup. i truly believe if the giants can solidify their D they can be contenders once again. the offense showed they can put up points with the best of them.

Comment

• Lumpkin
                      Lets go Mets
                      • Nov 2008

Giants definittely need a LB now, Pierce was released today

New York Giants release middle linebacker Antonio Pierce after five seasons - ESPN

Comment

• Palooza
                        Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                        • Feb 2009

After reading that Karlos Dansby is interested in going to the Giants, I want my dreams to finally come true. I've wanted this guy on the Giants since he was at Auburn. Jerry Reese, please make it happen.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                          True Blue
                          • Feb 2009

hakeem nicks 2009 highlights

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx9nmwNYYn4]YouTube - Hakeem Nicks 2009 Highlights[/ame]

the catch and run @ 5:20 is just filthy
                          Last edited by CrimsonGhost56; 02-16-2010, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                            Giants in the Super Bowl
                            • Mar 2009

Giants reportedly don't think Dansby translates well as the MLB in a 4-3 and won't go after him.

However, they seem prepared to offer Antrel Rolle a lot of money (at least $8 mil per year) to come over as a safety. People assume this means they are under the assumption Kenny Phillips will never be 100%.

Really, who knows about Phillips at this point. I fully hope they can sign Rolle. Playmaker in the secondary, they need 'em.

Comment

• Palooza
                              Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                              Giants reportedly don't think Dansby translates well as the MLB in a 4-3 and won't go after him.

However, they seem prepared to offer Antrel Rolle a lot of money (at least $8 mil per year) to come over as a safety. People assume this means they are under the assumption Kenny Phillips will never be 100%.

Really, who knows about Phillips at this point. I fully hope they can sign Rolle. Playmaker in the secondary, they need 'em.
                              maaaaaaaan. I love Dansby

Oh well, I trust the Giants.

Comment

• Champ
                                Needs a hobby
                                • Oct 2008

Lol i made this thread? I didnt even know that.

Umm. Rolle is now the highest paid safety in in the NFL. Hopefully Reese knows what he is doing. I am all for trading our 3rd rounder to Oakland for Kirk Morrison as well.

Comment

Working...