X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wildcard
    ®3+@®d5 = 6®0@n5
    • Oct 2008

Your favorite team and why?

Most of us know each other, but lets take some time out to explain who our Favorite team is, and why they are so. Also lets discuss who we dislike, and why. Please refrain from starting e-fights in this thread, or I'll just close it down. Most of us are adults

Well the Dallas Cowboys are my favorite team. My step-dad brainwashed me into loving them when I was around 6 or 7. He bought me a bunch of posters, and stuff like pillow cases, bed sheets, and so on. He would only let me stay up to watch Dallas play... except for when he let me watch Cal Ripken Jr break the Consecutive Games Played record. The first Dallas game I watched was in 1994 when they lost to San Fran in the playoffs. I'm not a douche who jumped on the bandwagon. Remember we have sucked for the last 12 years.

I guess my 2nd favorite team would be the San Diego Chargers. No special reasons really. They are my favorite AFC team, and a team I always root for to make the SuperBowl, and to win. I also like this team since I was young. They had a lot players I liked, and I rooted for them in the SuperBowl against San Fran (Who I hated at the time). Nowadays they are so dominant in Madden I like to not use them or mention I like them so people don't think I'm a bandwagon jumper.

The Teams I hate...

The New York Giants. I can't stand them. It's kind of a new hate... I didn't really have a problem with them until they drafted Eli Manning... which I despise. Now that they won a Super Bowl last year, my hate for them is stronger than ever.

The Carolina Panthers. They have knocked my favorite team out of the playoffs 2 times since 1998. I hate John Fox, and Steve Smith. I also can't stand Julius Peppers.

The Pittsburgh Steelers. For the same reason most of you hate Dallas. I live in PA. These people think that they are gods gift to football. They all live in the past. I hate Bill Cowher, and his fuckin Chin. I hate their fans. Their fans are worse than Dallas fans. you guys just dont know it because u dont live in PA. I LOVE Philadelphia compared to Pittsburgh...

Now lets hear em guys.
    Originally posted by Leftwich 2-14-2009
    I wasn't comparing myself to Wildcard. I honestly don't think I could compare myself to God.

• Len B
    :moonwalk:
    • Oct 2008

Grew up in New England, and got addicted watching Drew Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, and Ben Coates. Over the past few years life has been blessed for New England sports fans, but the increase in total D-bag's that have jumped on the bandwagon of either loving New England or hating New England can be annoying to handle.

Hate the Jets... Mangini got a free ride from Belichick and a complete pussy.

Hate the Chargers... think LT is a hypocrite/phony and I have no respect for Shawn Merriman.

Comment

• LC AAU
      • Oct 2008

I was born in Illinois. When i was 2 we moved to Texas for a year and then a year later we moved to my present location in Northwest Indiana. Once the Texans were made a NFL Franchise, i choose to be their fan because i use to live there. Texans are what got me into football.
      sig is too big, resize it

Comment

• DirtySouth12
        • Oct 2008

I like the panthers. Because they are from NC. Steve Smith one of my favorite players.

Other than that, I really dont have a team I hate....Im more like a commentator and like to discuss teams and players.

Comment

• Splugeon
          Splugeon for Pope
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Len B
          Grew up in New England, and got addicted watching Drew Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, and Ben Coates. Over the past few years life has been blessed for New England sports fans, but the increase in total D-bag's that have jumped on the bandwagon of either loving New England or hating New England can be annoying to handle.

Hate the Jets... Mangini got a free ride from Belichick and a complete pussy.

Hate the Chargers... think LT is a hypocrite/phony and I have no respect for Shawn Merriman.
          If I could thank this post five times, I would.

I watched a lot of Washington State when I was littler because of my stepdad, and liked Bledsoe, I was only like 6 so I always liked the 9ers and Cowboys because they were good. But when Bledsoe got drafted I liked the Patriots and loved the old Madden days when it was super easy to own with Martin and Coates all day.

I absolutely agree with Lenny, the Jets are a bunch of asshats, and the Chargers are the biggest sore losers in the world. LT is a complete douchebag and I'm glad to see him not doing as well this year. I hate the Colts, but at least they force you to respect them. The Chargers don't do that in any way.

I hate the Raiders and Cowboys too. Just do.

Comment

• Champ
            Needs a hobby
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Wildcard
            Most of us know each other, but lets take some time out to explain who our Favorite team is, and why they are so. Also lets discuss who we dislike, and why. Please refrain from starting e-fights in this thread, or I'll just close it down. Most of us are adults

Well the Dallas Cowboys are my favorite team. My step-dad brainwashed me into loving them when I was around 6 or 7. He bought me a bunch of posters, and stuff like pillow cases, bed sheets, and so on. He would only let me stay up to watch Dallas play... except for when he let me watch Cal Ripken Jr break the Consecutive Games Played record. The first Dallas game I watched was in 1994 when they lost to San Fran in the playoffs. I'm not a douche who jumped on the bandwagon. Remember we have sucked for the last 12 years.

I guess my 2nd favorite team would be the San Diego Chargers. No special reasons really. They are my favorite AFC team, and a team I always root for to make the SuperBowl, and to win. I also like this team since I was young. They had a lot players I liked, and I rooted for them in the SuperBowl against San Fran (Who I hated at the time). Nowadays they are so dominant in Madden I like to not use them or mention I like them so people don't think I'm a bandwagon jumper.

The Teams I hate...

The New York Giants. I can't stand them. It's kind of a new hate... I didn't really have a problem with them until they drafted Eli Manning... which I despise. Now that they won a Super Bowl last year, my hate for them is stronger than ever.

The Carolina Panthers. They have knocked my favorite team out of the playoffs 2 times since 1998. I hate John Fox, and Steve Smith. I also can't stand Julius Peppers.

The Pittsburgh Steelers. For the same reason most of you hate Dallas. I live in PA. These people think that they are gods gift to football. They all live in the past. I hate Bill Cowher, and his fuckin Chin. I hate their fans. Their fans are worse than Dallas fans. you guys just dont know it because u dont live in PA. I LOVE Philadelphia compared to Pittsburgh...

Now lets hear em guys.
            Wow. You hate winners. You hate two teams that won superbowls and you hate a team that went to the superbowl. You are a hater.

Comment

• Wildcard
              ®3+@®d5 = 6®0@n5
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Champ
              Wow. You hate winners. You hate two teams that won superbowls and you hate a team that went to the superbowl. You are a hater.
              Same reason most people hate the Cowboys. Because they owned the 90's.
              Your statement is garbage.

I gave 3 valid reasons why I hate each team. Don't just look at the team.

I live in PA - And have to deal with old fart living in the past Steelers fans that think they are gods gift to football.

I hate the Panthers because of 1998 and 2003. I hate Steve Smith, and John Fox.

I hate the Giants because they are a division Rival. It added on when they Won the Super Bowl, because all of a sudden Eli Manning was considered good when he isnt even a top 15 Quarterback. Last year he wasn't a top 25 Quarterback.

Originally posted by Len B
              and I don't think Eli Manning can get the Giants to the Superbowl. I can't see a QB with a career 75.1 QB rating leading his team flawlessly in the playoffs for two straight years.
              I'm not a hater. It's just the truth. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Read and weep.
              Last edited by Wildcard; 10-31-2008, 11:41 AM.
              Originally posted by Leftwich 2-14-2009
              I wasn't comparing myself to Wildcard. I honestly don't think I could compare myself to God.

Comment

• Saluki
                Ball So Hard
                • Oct 2008

LOOOOVE Da Chicago Bears. Grew up watching them suck and lose to Brett Farve for 10 years. Used to love Anthony Thomas when he played for the Bears, same with Marty Booker ect.ect. I went to Walter Payton high school (No joke, look it up.) Played football for the WP Grizzlies and bled blue and orange for 4 years. Even though the Bears have let me down season after season i never have and never will jump off the band wagon.

Last Favorite Teams
                1)Green Bay Packers: Any suprise here? Fucking cheeseheads. Nuff said.
                2) Minnisota Vikings: Culpepper and Moss terrorized us for years, now they have Peterson. Dammit.
                4) New England Patriots: Brady had the nerve to say he juked Urlacher. HE FUCKING SLIPPED!

Comment

• DSpydr84
                  I need a sub
                  • Oct 2008

Detroit Lions. Back when I was a young lad and knew very little about football, I liked Detroit's colors, and I loved Barry Sanders. I remember it was practically a weekly occurance seeing a gamebreak of Barry making a ridiculous play, and I looked forward to that more than the actual game I was watching (the Bills, being in Buffalo). Then they just kinda stuck. I still root for Buffalo because it's sort of how I was raised, but when the Lions play the Bills, I'm cheering for the Blue and Silver.

I don't really hate the NFC North like I probably should, probably because I'm the only Lions fan I know and no one really talks about those teams. I dispise New England and Miami (again, probably because of where I'm raised), and I don't really like Dallas (guess who beat the Bills twice in the early 90's?).

Strange fan, but hey, I just can't hide that Lions pride.

Comment

• Buzzman
                    • Oct 2008

[qoute]I don't really hate the NFC North like I probably should, probably because I'm the only Lions fan I know and no one really talks about those teams. I dispise New England and Miami (again, probably because of where I'm raised), and I don't really like Dallas (guess who beat the Bills twice in the early 90's?).

Strange fan, but hey, I just can't hide that Lions pride.[/QUOTE]

I would be the only Lions fan, if my whole family wasn't. I never met someone who was a die hard fan. Its funny because I started watching football the year Millen took over so i ahvent seen them win a lot, but I love them, nothing gets me more pumped then watching them play on Sundays.

When they were 6-2 and rocking I was fucking excited, then Shaun mcDonald drops a pass vs the Giants and the CB picks the tip and we lose, then Paris Lenon tries to scoop and score, but fucking cant recover a fumble vs Dallas and then our season went to shit.

DAMN LENON AND MCDONALD FOREVER!!!!!!

Comment

• MvP
                      a member of vsn
                      • Oct 2008

Dad got me liking the Niners when I was a few years old. Parents got divorced, didn't see my dad for a while so I stopped caring about them. Everyone on my mom's side liked the Giants but I always like being different so I never got into them. 1996 was when I started really watching football again, and somehow I picked the Packers as my team. I don't really remember if I liked them before they won the SB that year or not but I do remember rooting for them that day. From then on I was a huge Packers fan until about 99-01 when I was really into basketball and baseball. Then once I started using the internet I started following the Pack again because I can get stats and news about them online. Been a huge fan ever since..

Comment

• j.hen
                        Self Care
                        • Oct 2008

This thread was made on ML and I answered it in some long ass paragraph...

Basically I wanted my own favorite team that no one else I knew liked, so I picked the Falcons because I liked their colors and thought Jamal Anderson was the best ever.

Comment

• j.hen
                          Self Care
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by AkaWesley
                          Buffalo is my favorite NFL team Ilive Two hours away from buffalo its ans simple as that and one of my uncles likes them fish down south so we tend to bust each others chops, it's all in good fun.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                            Redsox
                            • Oct 2008

New England Patriots- I live about 30 minutes form Gillette Stadium and grew up watching them. My Uncle used to have season tickets and I would always get to go to games up until this year since he got rid of them

I would kind of consider the saints like my second favorite team. I dont really consider myself hopping on there bandwagon because I remember my first non patriots jersey that I bought was an Aaron Brookes jersey.

Teams I hate
                            New York Giants- not because they beat the pats in the superbowl but because of all the banwagon jumpers. I have this friend who claims he is a diehard Giants fan but only started rooting for them when they made the superbowl.

San Diego- Hate LT, Hate Merriman, Hate Phillip Rivers

New York Jets- Hate the so called mangenious.

Cowboys- A lot of cowboys fans where I live and they piss me off.

Comment

• AJay
                              Fighter of the Nightman
                              • Oct 2008

I like the New York Jets beacuse:
                              • Vinny Testeverde was a beast
                              • I was born in Brooklyn
                              • Even though he was a Pat at first I loved Curtis Martin
                              • Wayne Cherbet was the man
                              • We drafted Keyshawn
                              • Joe Cool won us our only Super Bowl
                              • I just like them

Teams I don't like:

New England - I don't like New Englands bandwagon fans more than the team. I actually have respect for the team. I love Tom Brady. The guy is the best QB that the league has had in ages. If you just watch Brady play and move around the pocket, it's like he has eyes on every single side of his head. Love Bruschi also, I think a while back ago in the playoffs against the Colts, he ripped the ball out of some guys hands; just straight beasted him.

Pittsburgh Steelers - Their fans are fat and like dick, pretty much to it.

Miami Dolphins - Division rival and my best friend likes them so I hate when he talks shit like the Dolphins are gonna be the best team every year.

Comment

Working...