Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • corbin
    • Nov 2008

Best offseason acquisition? Try again.

Yes I know this is pointless but I'm really bored and have nothing to do today. I thought I'd review some of the players I've watched and how they started early. Remember, this is all for fun and shit will definitely change as the season progresses.

Lets start with the bigger names and then work our way down to the ones that may shock you.

Rashed Wallace - Doing what he is supposed to but isn't anything spectacular. Nothing more than a 4th option at best on a very talented team already.
    10PPG, 4RPG, 39% FG%, 38% 3PT

Shaquille O'Neal - Cavs are 2-2 with Shaq on the team. He is making a little to no impact on both sides of the floor. Coming off an all-star year, it doesn't look like he will repeat his same numbers or get the same chances in Cleveland. I won't call it a disaster already, it's only been a week but they aren't off to a sexy start with the diesel.
    9PPG, 7RPG, 46% FG

Ron Artest - Yuck Yuck Yuck. I've watched 3 games of the Lakers and Ron just doesn't seem to fit so far. He is still taking wild shots, his 3 point game has dropped big time, and he is turning the ball over at an alarming rate. He has to improve or this Lakers team has no chance at repeating. We'll see how they turn it around, once again I know its only been 3 games.
    8PPG, 5RPG, 32% FG, 23% 3PT

Vince Carter - Vince looked impressive in his first 2 games, still can play above the rim and is getting open looks in a very open offense. Good piece of the puzzle if he can stay healthy. Hopefully his injury woes don't carry on through the season.
    15.5PPG, 3.5APG, 55% FG, 62% 3PT

Hedo Turkoglu - Putting up his same ole numbers in a different offense. His assists have went down but you can expect that when you aren't the primary ball handler anymore. I can't really say how much of an impact he has on each game as I haven't seen a Toronto game all year. For some reason I don't get Raptor games, never ever.
    15.0PPG, 4RPG, 2APG, 50% FG, 33% 3PT

Allen Iverson - Hasn't played a game yet, enough said.
    Blank

Trevor Ariza - Wow what a surprise. I admit this was a huge shock to me, I didn't think Ariza would be anymore than a 3rd or 4th option on a team. Boy is he is proving me and the critics wrong so far, definitely earning his money. With Yao out for the season and T-Mac coming back from another serious injury, they needed a Ariza to step his game up and become a go to guy and he has become that. I love his game and I only see good things in his future. So far so good for the Rockets and Trevor.
    23 PPG, 3.5RPG, 3APG, 50 FG%, 52% 3PT

Channing Frye - After being buried in the Blazers bench last season, Frye signed a small contract with the Suns. After an impressive pre-season and injuries to Robin Lopez, he was thrown into the starting line-up as the Center. Frye has taken the starter role and ran with it, he is playing very well in the high powered Suns offense. It will be interesting to see if he can remain this consistent down the stretch.
    20PPG, 5.5RPG, 58 FG%, 65% 3PT

Ryan Anderson - An offensive juggernaut in a high powered offense. He has a beautiful stroke from the outside and a match-up problem for anyone. Could play a big role down the stretch for the Magic.
    17PPG, 4RPG, 52 FG%, 55% 3PT
  • A Tasty Burgerr
    ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
    • Oct 2008

Don't forget the fact that Ryan Anderson and Frye may be lighting it up as perimeter shooters, but both have the tendency to get raped in the ass on D.

I pretty much agree with everything you said though

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
      Beautiful Like Moses
      • Oct 2008

ATB gonna be jaw dropped when Channing is in the running for that MIP award. ;)

Comment

• Juggernaut
        Sitting on the Sidelines
        • Dec 2008

Shawn Fucking Marion

EDIT:

16.7 PPG, 8.0 RPG, FG% 0.457

Then add in the steal and 2 blocks every game and Marion = $$$
        Last edited by Juggernaut; 11-02-2009, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Buzzman
          • Oct 2008

where the fuck is Ben Gordon?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

I was gonna make a thread about Frye, he fits the Suns like a glove.

Defense is irrelevent, because they've gone back to not giving a shit about it. They'll win 55. Suns are back.

Comment

• Whatupdoe44
              Magic
              • Nov 2008

All of orlandos new acquisitions are playing very well

Comment

• Primetime
                Thank You Prince
                • Nov 2008

Frye, Ariza, and Marion have been amazing additions to each team. Ariza I expected to do really well so I'm not surprised by his numbers in the least bit. He went from a 5th or 6th option to the 1st option so it was bound to happen. Frye has shot lights out and he'll live or die by the three. Once teams look at all the tape, he won't be near as effective from outside. He needs to make his game more versatile and put the ball on the floor if he wants to continue his success. Marion has been a stud for the Mavericks. he's always been a great hustle player with superb athleticism. He hasn't surprised me a ton, but he's put up better numbers than I thought. He's got the Steve Nash-like PG in Jason Kidd who is throwing him dime and dime.

Comment

• Bear Pand
                  RIP Indy Colts
                  • Feb 2009

Artest was getting it done last night.

Comment

• Primetime
                    Thank You Prince
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Heelsox
                    The things Sheed does for the celts so far can't really be put into numbers on a stat sheet. He spreads the floor so well, opening up game for KG...along with keeping KG fresh and hitting some pretty big shots.
                    Completely agree.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                      Everything Burns...
                      • Nov 2008

Channing Frye is finally fufilling all that promise he had at the beginning of his NBA career

Comment

• corbin
                        • Nov 2008

Ah shit, I'm not sure how I missed Marion and Gordon.

Especially Marion, he is a stud on both sides of the floor for Dallas.

Comment

• BUCK3YE5
                          CP 2K12
                          • Aug 2009

shaq has been a mess. Z has been outplaying him and getting more minutes.

Frye and Ariza are the biggest for now

Comment

• Buzzman
                            • Oct 2008

Gordon continues to earn his contract. He scores 20 points and doesnt take 15 shots to do it.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                              Probably owns the site
                              • Feb 2009

No Jamal Crawford? Considering all we gave up was Acie Law and Speedy Claxton, I'd say that was a brilliant acquisition.

Comment

Working...