X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Esjay
    Luck2Hilton
    • Feb 2009

BUSTastic! JaMarcus Russell Benched

From the first pick in the draft to being benched for Bruce Gradkowski.

What a fat lazy piece of shit.
    Last edited by Esjay; 11-18-2009, 09:10 PM.
  • Derrville
    Dallas has no coaching...
    • Jul 2009

He doesnt care, he still gets paid.

Comment

• ZAN
      ZAN
      • Oct 2008

Not really on point, but last night i was in a competitive basketball game for a Tuesday night thing...and i had a partner open all the way down the floor. So I cocked back and chucked a one handed duck. Intercepted about halfway there....

Some kid on my team goes "Jesus, Jarmarcus Russel!" (playing in a church)

I keeled over laughing and my man got an easy layup....Four point swing, but it was funny as hell....

Comment

• Esjay
        Luck2Hilton
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BORN4CORN
        what a piece of shit.. where do the raiders go from here?

terrible coach, terrible owner/gm, underwhelming talent... They are going to be a perennial 5 win team for the next 10 seasons.
        As long as Davis is running the show I don't see them getting much better. Unless he somehow hits on a QB at the top of the draft, they are perpetually fucked by his stupidity. Dude still thinks it's the 70's.

Raider fans should just kidnap his senile ass and have him institutionalized.

Comment

• RainboUnicorn
          No Homo
          • Nov 2008

Coach Tom Cable said after practice Wednesday that Gradkowski will get the nod Sunday against Cincinnati. Cable says the plan is for Gradkowski to start the rest of the season. Cable has pulled Russell for ineffectiveness in two of the past three games.
          More like ineffectiveness the whole season.

Comment

• dave
            Go the fuck outside
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by blitzrique
            For those that may not know, the Bucs somehow got a second rounder [from Chicago] for first round bust [DE] Gaines Adams. Perhaps the Raiders can do likewise. Oakland, it's time to admit your mistake, cut your loses and move on.
            No one in their right mind would give up a day one draft pick for Russell.
            My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
              Beautiful Like Moses
              • Oct 2008

LOL @ them thinking Bruce Gradkowski is any better.

Shoulda kept Jeff Garcia.. perfect veteran leader behind a combustible young QB. He would've been starting weeks ago.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

I remember at MM when BBIB accused me of being a racist because I reported a scout saying Russell was lazy....and he really wasn't that good at LSU...and would have trouble adjusting to the pro game because of the watered down attack he used at LSU.

Comment

• St. Francisco
                  45-35 Never Forget
                  • Feb 2009

It's about damn time. IMHO, the worst #1 overall pick in NFL history.

Comment

• Argath
                    $2 whore
                    • Apr 2009

What ownership is worse, the Raiders or the Bucs? [Crazy, but willing to spend money, or sane but unable or unwilling to spend money?]
                    maybe not worse than the raiders, the Redskins.

Spends $100 Million on a player who has yet to play an entire game without leaving early due to injury.

Then goes and spends $54 million on a 3rd string CB/Backup PR

Don't forget, this is the same guy who spent $45 million on Mark Brunell, who's main purpose of coming in was to mentor the young QBs.

And that is just recent years.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Who is BBIB?
                      BusBoyIsBack

Famous for his line

"Vick can literally throw while running"

as well as

"Vick has the ability to one day be as accurate as Peyton Manning"

He was also all over Pat White's nuts.

Basically any black QB not named McNabb was his idol.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                        Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by skipwondah33
                        Meh, playing for the Raiders ruins just about everyone. Not saying he would be doing any more productive with another team, you just can't judge his talent playing in Oakland. Hell they made Moss look bad

They need an offensive line for one
                        That's the thing though. Russell was never that good. Even in college he wasn't that great. He wasn't even the best QB in the SEC his junior season(Andre Woodson) and wasn't even a finalist for any QB awards IIRC.

Russell made his draft stock on one game throwing 10 yard stops and 50 yard fly patterns against a slow over matched Notre Dame secondary. What he did in that game was nothing more special than what Troy Smith did a year before to Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl.

LSU took the ball out of Russell's hands in the biggest games of the year.

It's not as though Russell was ruined by the Raiders. He was never that good to begin with.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                          Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by ron burgandy
                          Ki-Jana Carter?
                          Ki Jana never got the chance to be a bust as he got hurt in the preseason and went on to have an at least respectable career as a RB after he recovered from the injury...for a guy playing on basically one leg for the rest of his career.
                          Last edited by FirstTimer; 11-18-2009, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• dave
                            Go the fuck outside
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ron burgandy
                            Ki-Jana Carter?
                            In fairness to Carter, he had a devastating knee injury in his first pre-season.

Edit: Ooops, FT beat me to it.
                            My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Esjay
                              Luck2Hilton
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by skipwondah33
                              Meh, playing for the Raiders ruins just about everyone. Not saying he would be doing any more productive with another team, you just can't judge his talent playing in Oakland. Hell they made Moss look bad

They need an offensive line for one
                              He would be bad anywhere. Maybe not quite as bad, but bad nonetheless. Moss looked bad because he wanted out and didn't give a shit.

Comment

Working...